Hide
4 Posts

Above and Below» Forums » Variants

Subject: House Rules for 4 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Brown
msg tools
I was playing a 4-player game of Above and Below the other night and was wondering what people thought about, for a 4-player game, adding an 8th turn, so that each player gets priority of first player twice for each game?
Early thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will run out of explore cards. The extra coin the fourth player gets is supposed to offset the fact that s/he gets to be start player once less often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly this, you will run out of explore cards. I would be very interested in a new 8-turn board with another dozen or so explore cards, maybe a few extra buildings and/or explorers, too. That would be a great expansion for A&B!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N W
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
davypi wrote:
You will run out of explore cards. The extra coin the fourth player gets is supposed to offset the fact that s/he gets to be start player once less often.

I think the extra coin is to make up for getting to buy your key card last. Depending on what cards are out there it doesn't seem like enough to balance it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.