Subject: Are Relics too powerful? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yesterday i played with a firend with a mix of metamagic from this expansion (which has many relics and creatures), chaos school and creation.

we did enjoy the 2 player game we had but both of us equipped a bunch of relics that kinda ampered our enjoeyment:

specifically he got the sandals that makes you move 4 spaces plus a die roll each turn and i got the Eye of Horus Relic that says it nullifies magic damage...

So basically he was able to run around without energy and i was immune to 3/4 of attack spells in the game! is that correct?

or am i missing some rules regarding relics?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds about right. It's the wacky nature of Wiz-War. I adore this game, but it's not optimal with 2 players. A 3rd, 4th, or 5th player would have helped leverage those relics.

Keep playing Wiz-War!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
"Behold, a treasure more valuable than gold."
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree that Relic's are powerful.

You could try a death match variant, where treasures are not utilized and you play last wizard standing.

Then you can disperse different items/relics across the board kinda like how weapons would spawn on Halo and play like that. Death match is a fun variant and it kinda nerfs the power of movement spells or movement boosting.

Remember, this game is a sandbox for play, keep playing and coming up with House rules and you will have a wacky wiz-war that introduces the original spirit of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Henry
United States
Canton
NY
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darklaw90 wrote:
or am i missing some rules regarding relics?

You did notice that you have to carry those relics in your treasure slot, right? If you have a relic you can't carry treasure. So if you guys were carrying relics then killing each other was the only path to victory.

I agree with the previous comments too. Wiz-War can be pretty wacky and that more than 2 players does make the game more fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indeed i did miss the rule about carrying relics OR treasures (and not both).

I know items occupy a slot in your hand but i didn't know about the rule above.
So yeah that explains a lot!

i played plenty of wiz war with 3 other players but yesterday was the first time using the expansions! i choose the school creatures to try them out and the chaos one to give some randomness to an otherwise straightforward game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.