Galaxy Defenders» Forums » General

Subject: KS box question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
got a chance of getting the KS box with extra stuff in it [looks like a case].but ive heard its only for the expansions..and not much good with the core game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to be more specific. Which KS product are you talking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think its the "secret box" that was part of the kickstarter...it looks like a case from the out side..has lots of minis and tiles and special cards etc inside it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, the "Top Secret" box. That's the stretch goals from the expansions Ks campaign.

Like I said in another thread, most of that stuff, but not all, you won't be adding to the core game. Let me see if I can break it down...

You can use NPCs in the core set, but it will make the missions easier unless you increase the difficulty somehow.

You can add the vintage weapon sets to the improved weapons' stack, as well as a few of the KS exclusive skills to the skill's deck.

You can also use some of the new agents with the core game I think. You may have to introduce new mechanics from the expansions to do that though, like psionics to use Niobium.

The main thing that I personally would add to the core campaign would be the fighting poses variant. They add a nice touch.

There might be a few other things, but I don't see it at first glance. I think that if you want to get the expansions, then getting the "top secret" box as part of the expansions package is great. Just a warning... you will get overwhelmed with all the additional content. I know I did, and I had already played through the core box. But overwhelmed in a good way! So... much... stuff!!laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hehe..yes theres plenty of stuff in the core box alone!!..I think I will go for the two expansions
played first two missions solo today.and the AI system on the aliens is the best ive been against
thanks for the infothumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
played first two missions solo today.and the AI system on the aliens is the best ive been against

That is one of the most impressive things about this game. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.