Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Hersey
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rats are prety easy and i just removed the roaches from their bases last night. But collin, the centipede, and some of the others concern me. Have you had any luck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, I was able to pry all of the figs off, but some may have required a bit of cutting with a sharp hobby knife.

The centipede has a really thick joining mechanism, and was very well glued. Try a flat-head screwdriver for prying it off the base. You have to go around all the sides and inside the C shape of its curved body.

You will have to shave Collin's tail off the base, because it's molded as part of the base.

Sometimes sticking minis in the freezer can help make the glue more brittle, but I'm not sure if that'll work as well w this particular glue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hersey
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m relieved to hear about your success. I’d hate for some of my figures to have nice looking bases and others be stuck with a painted texture and not much else.

We just finished with remembrance of sorrow so I’m tempted to have everything be woodland themed in preparation for downwood tales . . .too many choices

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep,definitely doable. I based all mine on Litko clear acrylic bases. You can see photos in my gallery.

It has gotten to be a bit of a pain as the expansions and Tail Feathers keep adding more and more minis to have to de-base so perfectly, since the clear acrylic will show any mistakes! And I miss being able to do neat woodland-y things. But the clear acrylic does look nice on any terrain, which is nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.