Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I read a thread/review recently where the person played several games but said that each game was 3-4 hours including setup and take down.

Does this seem accurate? I was drawn to this game because of the 120 minutes listed, but our family doesn't have time for 3-4 games

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My games have been about 2 hours, but my group isn't AP prone and moves through turns pretty quickly. I could see one indecisive player extending play time for everyone, but it hasn't happened to me (yet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
115 minutes.

Honestly, it just depends how fast you play. My family got through the first play in a little under three hours, but we were learning and we tend to play slowly. It definitely was fun, though; the time flew by!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to figure a couple of hours for a game session. Setup can take a little bit if it is a one man show. With the group helping it goes pretty fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Play time also depends on the scenario. The first scenario setup is equivalent to being a few rounds into the second scenario, because players start with six ranger cards, while the raiders have spread around the board and the weakened leaders have all advanced one space toward Last Stand. The second scenario is the "standard" scenario, with players only getting two starting ranger cards and the leaders starting on their start spaces with full health. The third scenario would probably take the longest, as the leaders start off the board, and marshal onto their starting spaces over the first few turns.

I've only played three times with other people (all new to the game); each time we played scenario 1. Those games took roughly 3 hours. There were a lot of rules questions and strategy talk, so I could see the play time dropping to 2.5 hours, or even 2 hours with the same group after repeated plays. Once you get used to the new action options and the abilities of the rangers/raiders/leaders, the game should flow very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We tend to be a bit AP prone, and we're at about 2 to 2 1/2 hours including setup and tear down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a couple two player games- scenario 1 once and scenario 2 once.

Scenario 1 was 1.5-2 hours long
Scenario 2 was 3.5 hours long

We aren't AP-prone. The timing also varies depending on if you win or lose. In our scenario 2 game, we managed the board much better playing the game safe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario 1- 2 hours and 15 minutes today. We won. This does not include setup or tear down time which adds 20 mins or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario 3- 2.5 hours and a victory. Does not include tear down and the basic setup such as putting out the bird and cards, but does include putting out the miniatures on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.