Subject: AR marker placement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
mb
sorry, i don't get it. Explain it to me please.

Starting with:

Quote:
"Use the initiative die results to determine which space each AR marker will occupy on the AR Track. Move the AR markers to the spaces containing their side’s die roll result."

The dice have 10 sides, the track five spaces. Then there are multiple spaces with the same die result on the same track. How does this work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game in front of me but I think this is correct;
You roll a die and then check the column that is relevant to that units Initiative. So a die roll of 6 and Initiative of 2 would mean you select the box with the 6 in it under the initiative column of 2. You then place the marker in the Advantage or Disadvantage space depending on which you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmb
Ok, let me see if I can explain:

You roll two dice (2d10): one for the GE, one for the US. The HIGHER number has the advantage that round. (you can see there are two colors - yellow and blue. Yellow has the advantage and would therefore go first.)

Then, using the number rolled on the individual die, you place the AR markers in the columns according to their initiative.

For Example: I roll 2d10, a 6 for the GEs and a 4 for the US. The GE has the advantage. I then consult the INT for the Individuals. The GE has an INT of 2, and I have two US troops with INT 3. I would look at the little black numbers in the columns and place the AR markers accordingly:

The GE with INT 2 would be placed in the Yellow 1-Turn Column under the 2.
The US would both be placed in the Blue 1-Turn column under the 3.

The GE would go first.

Does this make sense?
(Then you would have to consult the rules as far what the red marker means - the US is out of command he panics.)

This is all from Rule's section 6.1

Edit:

Then you would simply work down the list, each individual troop going when their turn starts. (So, it is possible that though the US has the disadvantage in the above example, depending on their INT, they might still get the drop on the GE with a 2-Turn placement. Obviously, the higher the initiative of the soldier, the better chance he has of going first.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
mb
thanks a bunch. I think i got it...i think...

can you please decipher this as well?

Quote:
AR markers for soldiers on opposing sides can never occupy the same advantage or disadvantage space.Got it! Opposing markers can occupy the same Turn space, however. what!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmb
sugadaddy wrote:
thanks a bunch. I think i got it...i think...

can you please decipher this as well?

Quote:
AR markers for soldiers on opposing sides can never occupy the same advantage or disadvantage space.Got it! Opposing markers can occupy the same Turn space, however. what!?

As far as I can understand, Opposing markers can never BOTH be at an advantage and disadvantage - it's one or the other. However, they can BOTH have 2-turns, or 1-turn that round. Just because the GEs have 2-Turns doesn't prevent the US from having 2-Turns as well. Just the Advantage/Disadvantage would determine who would go first in that instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
mb
yes, actually it says it pretty clearly. Was putting way too much thought into it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For example if the Germans rolled a 2 and the US rolled an 8. Soldiers of both sides with an Initiative of 1 will both occupy the 1 turn space. The Germans however would occupy the disadvantage space while the US would occupy the Advantage space.

In the example below I have circled in red, the Turn space and circled in black, the corresponding die roll results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
whatambush wrote:
For example if the Germans rolled a 2 and the US rolled an 8. Soldiers of both sides with an Initiative of 1 will both occupy the 1 turn space. The Germans however would occupy the disadvantage space while the US would occupy the Advantage space.

In the example below I have circled in red, the Turn space and circled in black, the corresponding die roll results.

And in stride's whatambush with a picture...
arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Kothe
Germany
Essen-Kettwig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sugadaddy wrote:
yes, actually it says it pretty clearly. Was putting way too much thought into it

Würde Dir eine deutsche Regel weiterhelfen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
mb
kotlo wrote:
sugadaddy wrote:

Würde Dir eine deutsche Regel weiterhelfen?

Sure, i'll take it, thank you! But grasping the basic concepts, without the examples given above, would be hard in any language for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.