Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
Tried the game last night and liked it, though we'll see if it stays in my collection. It seemed to go a little long with five do maybe four is the sweet spot. Though I have this up for sale, I'd like to improve the game if possible, and it might stay in my collection.

We were frustrated with how hard and chamcy it is to recruit troops. Here are some alternative variants that could be possibilities to improve that.

1) Any factions not in play count as wilds. In a game without Atreides, for example, their icon would be a wild for any player to use to recruit their own troops. Wild s could not be used to ally worry anyone, only to recruit your own.

2) Draw a black dot on one face of each of the four faction dice. You may use this face as its marked symbol or as a wild.

3) On your round, you may forfeit your move phase and use the region die to determine how many troops you will take this turn. You must roll at least one of your own faction to use this power, but you only recruit as many as the region die shows.

The idea is you would pick one of these to use. More troops to ship puts more emphasis Oh the map, rather than lucky rolls, buffs the fremen, and mitigates the luck factor. Which of these three ideas is the best? Or maybe a different one we haven't thought of? Let me know!

A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know, but the rules as they are are lacking. It should be much easier to recruit troops.

Also, the worm is a PITA. I'd rule that it does not block the die. In my last game a player rolled the worm in 4 of the 6 rounds. He could not play in all the game, no matter what he would decide, by just bad luck, and that's frustrating and should be avoided in a correct set of rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.