Subject: Monster Surge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Earle
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to make sure I got this right. I just started an AH game with 4 players. The initial Mythos card gave me a gate (and a monster). Then after the first turn, I drew another Mythos card which said a monster surge occurred and no new gates opened this turn. So, I assume, I put 4 monsters at that one gate, which now makes 5 there. Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The number of monsters in a monster surge equals either the number of players or the number of gates on the board, whichever is higher. When placing monsters, you place them on gates as evenly as you can, choosing where to place extras.

In your case, with only a single gate on the board, all the monsters will pile up on the one location. Time to hit the stores and gear up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Earle
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, DoomTurtle. What makes it worse is that when the monsters moved, they all moved as a group as the white and black lines were the same. I gotta get them split up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Most Mythos cards only move about a third of all possible symbols, so the group should split up quite quickly on its own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.