Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or are those some of the ugliest dice you ever seen? As an added bonus they also look like the cheapest dice with stickers. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loose Cannon
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks can be deceiving...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Briggs
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a huge dice master player i was waiting for a star wars dice game, but from the initial look of it, the dice do look lower quality and i can see the stickers fading and getting destroyed quite easily. Its a shame they couldn't have etched dice like DM though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SlimJim wrote:
Looks can be deceiving...

That is certainly true! The pictures seem to be renders, but still. Doesn't bode well in my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer 257
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
The dice seem a bit gimmicky to me. I mean, the cards themselves have every face of the die listed, so couldn't I just used colored regular dice to keep track of my rolls? Say, Dooku gets the red dice with black pips....he rolls a 2, look at the 2nd "die box" from the top on the card and I know what Dooku rolled, right?

Component quality aside, however, the game does look like it could be pretty good! But collectible.....oh man, I don't know if I want to go back down that road. :S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the preview pictures look a bit wonky, but I'll give FFG the benefit of the doubt until I see the components in person as they have always been top notch at component quality.

I definitely like seeing actual pictures on the dice over little etches though. When I see some of the Dice Masters dice or Quarriors dice, sometimes I can't even tell wtf the symbols are OF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This article explains in some more detail and how they aren't as cheap as the initial pictures make them look. I am very hesitant about the randomized boosters but the gameplay looks intriguing. I will definitely check it out at Gencon if I can.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/29/star-wa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The images are printed directly onto the dice per the article and FFG's Twitter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
The images are printed directly onto the dice per the article and FFG's Twitter.

That doesn't stop them from looking horrible though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand why people say they look ugly. These are printed directly on the dice with the same quality of the art as the cards. Have you ever seen dice with printed art of this quality? I sure haven't. Typically, dice have super simple symbols on them, this goes far beyond that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphod wrote:
I don't understand why people say they look ugly. These are printed directly on the dice with the same quality of the art as the cards. Have you ever seen dice with printed art of this quality? I sure haven't. Typically, dice have super simple symbols on them, this goes far beyond that.

This. Also, these preview pics look photoshopped or something just for these articles. I'm sure in-person they will look a lot nicer. FFG has always been awesome with high-quality components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grill Murray
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They're identical to the dice from Justice League Hero Dice which are good quality but ugly as sin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sterling
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was out, but a few things are keeping me interested and now almost back in
1) From the booster box description, the one die in the boosters is always the rare/legendary card's die. So far less junk packs than dicemasters.
2) The die are not sticker based and look to be higher quality.

The thing I still must know before I'm all the way in is how many dice are used per card. If it's just one, I think I'm all the way in. If i have to collect another 4 dice for each character, i might be out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grill Murray
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You get a good look at the style of dice in Tom Vasel's Hero Dice review

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/82308/justice-league-hero-di...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's FFG guys... no bad components to worry about
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bogle
United States
Belmont
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agreed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrillMurray wrote:
They're identical to the dice from Justice League Hero Dice which are good quality but ugly as sin.

I've never seen the Justice League Hero Dice, but according to your link they're stickered, in which case they're not identical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grill Murray
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They're not stickers, I don't know why Vasel thinks they are
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand at all. These are way better looking than dice with just numbers on them. Actually injects theme by having pictures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
I don't understand at all. These are way better looking than dice with just numbers on them. Actually injects theme by having pictures.

Thanks! Someone else who actually likes the dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also really like the look of the dice. SO MUCH better than the Quarriors or Dice Masters dice that when I see them I can't even make out the "iconic" symbols of certain characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leslie Taylor
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
I also really like the look of the dice. SO MUCH better than the Quarriors or Dice Masters dice that when I see them I can't even make out the "iconic" symbols of certain characters.

This! A thousand times this! I much prefer the images and simple symbology on these dice along with the artwork. The symbols representing characters on the Dice Masters dice can be either hard to read or weird looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony MR
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From a design angle, those dice are very, very ugly.
I'm sure the quality of manufacture will be high but they are still ugly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pantyfire wrote:
From a design angle, those dice are very, very ugly.
I'm sure the quality of manufacture will be high but they are still ugly.

Agree, although would add a further "very" - the power of the three for emphasiswhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gartner
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I think they look cool. I will at least get the starters and if the game is fun, I will get packs. I like how it has characters from all movies. Should be fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.