$30.00
Erik Sundberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hi, Me and my fiance just bought the expansion and tried our first try with the solo play (complexity lvl 2). Special actions are a bit tricky to understand. I searched the forums and found some threads that said that german rules specified that you can play 2 special actions in the same time if you pay 2 food more. Some threads said that this wasn't the case and I wonder what rules set is the most fruitful to play with.
Second and most important: We don't understand how the action card work when they all are played. As we understand the last card played is the one that is available for the rest of the game and can be played several times but only once each turn (if you don't play with the german rules). Or can it only be played once total aswell so it's only possible to play 10 special actions total in the whole game?
We played like that and scored 72 on first play (comp 2) and I've read that it should be hard so we think something shoild be wrong..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eL Boato
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure about solo play. Playing the German edition and with German rules we always played like this:

In each of the 13 rounds every special action can be played once for free --- then the cards are not in the center but lying around at some players place. Then every card can be played for a second time --- but for a cost --- and after that the card goes to the player who played it, but face down. Thus it is not available for being played again. Other than that the only limit for playing special actions is: as long as you have player tokens at home (not having played an action), you can play special actions in your turn (instead of a regular action).

EDIT: So, every single special action card can be played twice in each round. The number of special action cards in play depends on the number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Sundberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thank you for the answer! however this is the rules for solo play that is disurbingly vague.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
And what become of her new straw hat that should have come to me?
mbmbmbmbmb
In my solo games, I play that the special action card for the round can be played once for free and a second time by paying food. If the card is not used, it is moved to the bottom of the draw pile instead of being discarded for ever.

When there are no more cards in the draw pile, the final special action card may be used for the rest of game (again, per round, once for free or twice by paying food.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Sundberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thank you!
So we played correct but didnt use a action twice and still scored 72p first try so if we were playing correct I guess we were lucky (we had real problems with being stuck with 3 forest and 1 pie).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.