$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
85 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Social Security --- new executive order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
über evil bob
United States
Mount Doom
Middle-earth
flag msg tools
And you thought Old & CE Bob was Evil
badge
LIVE ACTION SPAM HUNTER
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received this POS email from the SSA

Quote:
Starting in August 2016, Social Security is adding a new step to protect your privacy as a my Social Security user. This new requirement is the result of an executive order for federal agencies to provide more secure authentication for their online services. Any agency that provides online access to a customer’s personal information must use multifactor authentication.

When you sign in at ssa.gov/myaccount with your username and password, we will ask you to add your text-enabled cell phone number. The purpose of providing your cell phone number is that, each time you log in to your account with your username and password, we will send you a one-time security code you must also enter to log in successfully to your account.

Each time you sign into your account, you will complete two steps:

Step 1: Enter your username and password.
Step 2: Enter the security code we text to your cell phone (cell phone provider's text message and data rates may apply).
The process of using a one-time security code in addition to a username and password is one form of “multifactor authentication,” which means we are using more than one method to make sure you are the actual owner of your account.

If you do not have a text-enabled cell phone or you do not wish to provide your cell phone number, you will not be able to access your my Social Security account.

If you are unable or choose not to use my Social Security, there are other ways you can contact us. To learn more, please review the Frequently Asked Questions found here.



* I support security
* I do not use a cellphone, I will not buy/use one ... this is my choice
* this is an effing screw job


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil Stargate wrote:


* I support security
* I do not use a cellphone, I will not buy/use one ... this is my choice
* this is an effing screw job
* I will not be using their online service
* I enjoy long lines at their office
* I am afraid of the internet
* I dont understand google voice
* freedompop ? that sounds like an ice cream truck, I dont want it



FTFY , Welcome !
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
https://www.google.com/voice
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Dude! My mom is 88 and uses a cell phone. And the internet!

Just get a flip phone like all us old guys use (I'm 57). You don't need all them fancy aps the young'ns have, just a phone/text system. Ten dollah, no lie GI.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean, it is fine to not like it, but authenticators are, from everything I've seen, an excellent, excellent security measure.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
über evil bob
United States
Mount Doom
Middle-earth
flag msg tools
And you thought Old & CE Bob was Evil
badge
LIVE ACTION SPAM HUNTER
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Evil Stargate wrote:


* I support security
* I do not use a cellphone, I will not buy/use one ... this is my choice
* this is an effing screw job
* I will not be using their online service
* I enjoy long lines at their office
* I am afraid of the internet
* I dont understand google voice
* freedompop ? that sounds like an ice cream truck, I dont want it



FTFY , Welcome !


I'm 69 years old
see ---
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb


I do use the internet
I do not use a cellphone, facebook, twitter
I will not waste my money on monthly cell phone service
my bank has added another level of authentication, it does not require a cellphone
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple access over the Internet is not secure. That's an unfortunate fact of life. There are just too many things that can go wrong.

So, as is always the case for security, there's a tradeoff between security and convenience. In many cases convenience wins - much more than a password (which your computer can remember) and users would start deserting BGG.

So what about things that matter? Either they need more, or they need the user to accept the risk. But it might not just be the user's risk. And the user really often can't make an informed judgement. So when something really matters, there needs to be something else.

Tying to a mobile phone works quite well - because the phone company has verified you in order to take your money. My bank uses a different means (which requires a bit of extra hardware) to verify my bank card. Just two examples.

But, for commercial reasons (and even if it's government, they are commercial reasons how much to spend) they are likely to pick one that's good enough (they estimate), not too inconvenient (in most people's estimation) and as close to universal as they can make it. Given that the Internet itself isn't universal.

But what's your alternative?
- Being allowed to access things insecurely?
- Requiring them to implement a second method for a small number of people? And if so, what?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmb
The "screw job" in this case is that it is only supporting SMS 2 factor authentication. There are a lot of other 2 factor methods that could also work in your case.

I mean really, no one should pick just one method.
11 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
Soc. Sec. already screwed me over.

I live in Thailand.

I have to have a Thai address on record with SS so they don't make me pay for Medicare insurance of about $100/mo. x2 for the wife.

I can't have a internet account unless I have a US address on record.

Catch-22

And being in Thailand means I can't drive to their office either.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
über evil bob
United States
Mount Doom
Middle-earth
flag msg tools
And you thought Old & CE Bob was Evil
badge
LIVE ACTION SPAM HUNTER
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
The "screw job" in this case is that it is only supporting SMS 2 factor authentication. There are a lot of other 2 factor methods that could also work in your case.

I mean really, no one should pick just one method.


Thank You

I had a cellphone for years
I used it less than one hour per year
... many years under 20 minutes per year

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
I'm not your lover. I'm not your friend.
badge
I am something you will never comprehend.
mbmbmbmbmb
Could it have been a scam, an attempt to get information out of you?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
I'm not your lover. I'm not your friend.
badge
I am something you will never comprehend.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I don't have a cell phone either. My wife has a pay-as-you-go Tracfone that doesn't do anything but make and receive calls. And only about three people know the number anyway.

This is just fine for us.

I suspect within the next few years, our family will get a second one, because the kids'll be moving into the teenage years . . .

The problem she's finding is that for some of the volunteer work she does, people only seem to respond to text-messages.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Evil Stargate wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
The "screw job" in this case is that it is only supporting SMS 2 factor authentication. There are a lot of other 2 factor methods that could also work in your case.

I mean really, no one should pick just one method.


Thank You

I had a cellphone for years
I used it less than one hour per year
... many years under 20 minutes per year

Google Voice is free, I linked it above. Problem solved.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
This just means you can't access your SS account through the online portal. You can still get all of that information by contacting Social Security in others was, as detailed in this FAQ. Sounds like a pretty minor inconvenience you could work around in numerous ways.
12 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Could it have been a scam, an attempt to get information out of you?



No, I don't think this is a scam. The IRS did a very similar thing, tying online access to a cell phone, per the Executive Order. I think it is legit, but for anyone who isn't quite sure, they can always contact the SSA via non-internet means.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil Stargate wrote:
I just received this POS email from the SSA

Quote:
Starting in August 2016, Social Security is adding a new step to protect your privacy as a my Social Security user. This new requirement is the result of an executive order for federal agencies to provide more secure authentication for their online services. Any agency that provides online access to a customer’s personal information must use multifactor authentication.

When you sign in at ssa.gov/myaccount with your username and password, we will ask you to add your text-enabled cell phone number. The purpose of providing your cell phone number is that, each time you log in to your account with your username and password, we will send you a one-time security code you must also enter to log in successfully to your account.

Each time you sign into your account, you will complete two steps:

Step 1: Enter your username and password.
Step 2: Enter the security code we text to your cell phone (cell phone provider's text message and data rates may apply).
The process of using a one-time security code in addition to a username and password is one form of “multifactor authentication,” which means we are using more than one method to make sure you are the actual owner of your account.

If you do not have a text-enabled cell phone or you do not wish to provide your cell phone number, you will not be able to access your my Social Security account.

If you are unable or choose not to use my Social Security, there are other ways you can contact us. To learn more, please review the Frequently Asked Questions found here.



* I support security
* I do not use a cellphone, I will not buy/use one ... this is my choice
* this is an effing screw job


I bolded the relevant portion in the above text for you.

You are choosing not to use the service.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
über evil bob
United States
Mount Doom
Middle-earth
flag msg tools
And you thought Old & CE Bob was Evil
badge
LIVE ACTION SPAM HUNTER
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
This just means you can't access your SS account through the online portal. You can still get all of that information by contacting Social Security in others was, as detailed in this FAQ. Sounds like a pretty minor inconvenience you could work around in numerous ways.


I know I can contact the SSA in other ways
* I may not want to drive to a SSA office
* I don't like being on endless hold waiting for a human
... Blue Cross of MA teaches you to never call, their website isn't much better
* the new system is government arrogance
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
über evil bob
United States
Mount Doom
Middle-earth
flag msg tools
And you thought Old & CE Bob was Evil
badge
LIVE ACTION SPAM HUNTER
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:

If you are unable or choose not to use my Social Security, there are other ways you can contact us. To learn more, please review the Frequently Asked Questions found here.


I bolded the relevant portion in the above text for you.

You are choosing not to use the service.


I did check out that link, it was useless
there was nothing about the new policy

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then simply take the fortnight trip by carriage to Washington, District of Columbia, and meet an officer of the Social Security Administration to check your account. Bring a form of identification such as a marriage record or land title.

  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Evil Stargate wrote:
rinelk wrote:
This just means you can't access your SS account through the online portal. You can still get all of that information by contacting Social Security in others was, as detailed in this FAQ. Sounds like a pretty minor inconvenience you could work around in numerous ways.


I know I can contact the SSA in other ways
* I may not want to drive to a SSA office
* I don't like being on endless hold waiting for a human
... Blue Cross of MA teaches you to never call, their website isn't much better
* the new system is government arrogance


You're not really in a position to complain about arrogance. You aren't entitled to have the system shaped to your needs, even when that puts others at risk or creates greater burdens for the people in charge of setting up the two-factor authentication.

I would think it arrogant for the government to think they don't need to take precautions. I don't see how saving money on their authentication is arrogant. Poor customer service, maybe, but they didn't change things because they thought they were so awesome. They added this because they felt vulnerable.

What's your objection to using Google voice or a prepaid cell?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Evil Stargate wrote:
rinelk wrote:
This just means you can't access your SS account through the online portal. You can still get all of that information by contacting Social Security in others was, as detailed in this FAQ. Sounds like a pretty minor inconvenience you could work around in numerous ways.


I know I can contact the SSA in other ways
* I may not want to drive to a SSA office
* I don't like being on endless hold waiting for a human
... Blue Cross of MA teaches you to never call, their website isn't much better
* the new system is government arrogance

I don't "want" to do a lot of things. How is not catering to your tiny niche of wants arrogance by anyone but you? This isn't some ridiculous, unreasonable requirement. Cellphone penetration in the United States is at 115%, there are more active cell phones than total population and half of all households don't even have a landline. Not only are you in a tiny, tiny minority of people there are trivial, free ways for you to fulfill this requirement. You can stamp your feet and refuse to do all sorts of things, but I would expect that by your age you would have learned no one cares how long you hold your breath.

You are being whiny, arrogant and childish. Suck it up and grow up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny O aka Johnny Soul
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Harvester of eyes, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been dealing with Social Security for the past 60 days or so. I started working online because I assumed it would be the most efficient. Because of a wonky keyboard on my lap top I mistyped some critical info. I didn't notice for a week. Called the SS 800 phone support number a couple times. Was on hold 10 to 15 minutes each time. But was unable to correct the problem over the phone. I went back to the website and made the correction but it didn't show fixed, so I called again. This time the guy told me it may take up to two months for the problem to get resolved if I do it online. He said the quickest way is to go to the SS office.

It was lunch time so figured I'd use my lunch hour for the first hour of waiting. My boss was out of town for the week, business is in the summer doldrums. If it took 2 -3 hours no big deal. It was a 10 minute drive to the nearest office. I walked in and registered on the touch screen device in the lobby and selected "Other" as my reason for the visit. I got number 377A. I walked into the waiting room and there were at least 30 people waiting so I picked a seat at the back of the room. As soon as my ass hit the seat cushion the intercom barked out, "377A Please come to window number one." Hey, that's me! Got to the window, told her my problem, showed ID. She made a few key strokes on her keyboard and said, "All fixed!"

In and out in less than 10 minutes. When I walked through the waiting room again everyone was staring and glaring at me.

Initially I did everything possible to avoid going to the local office. I spent a couple hours or more online, at least an hour on hold over several calls plus the actual talk time and it turns out that going to the SS office was the most time efficient choice all along. I suspect that had gone there first there would have been no screw up in the first place.

Got online that evening and the correction was showing updated.

17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil Stargate wrote:
I will not waste my money on monthly cell phone


I just bought a 30$ phone on freedompop for my daughter, it has completely free monthly service on their lowest tier.

the free plan http://www.freedompop.com/acct_plan.htm
Quote:
Talk: 200 Minutes
Text: 500 Messages
Data Limit: 500 MB
Price: $0.00/Month


If you cant afford free, then you're really in trouble.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Jeremy not going to object to the obligatory Government mandated tracking device built in to all new phones eg. the gps - Blimey thats a first.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil Stargate wrote:
rinelk wrote:
This just means you can't access your SS account through the online portal. You can still get all of that information by contacting Social Security in others was, as detailed in this FAQ. Sounds like a pretty minor inconvenience you could work around in numerous ways.


I know I can contact the SSA in other ways
* I may not want to drive to a SSA office
* I don't like being on endless hold waiting for a human
... Blue Cross of MA teaches you to never call, their website isn't much better
* the new system is government arrogance


Seriously! If only there were a low-cost, widely-available, secure and convenient way to contact the SSA...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.