Popular Tags: [View All]
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
B-25 the J and H versions, B5N Kate, D3A Val, I-16, and the Yak-7, with possible work on Lancaster, B-24 and Mosquito. As it stands there are 10 German, 10 U.S., 5 Japanese, and 3 British planes that have been released. I think getting some of the Soviet planes released should bring in some east front gamers. So I think that having a LaGG-3 and IL-2 would help this great little game get more fans. What is anyone’s thoughts about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to the ones mentioned above, Andrew (the designer) already expressed interest in making the Po-2, once the rules for night combat will be done. Curious about what his take on a biplane will be. Also, Nachthexen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
topman1 wrote:
B-25 the J and H versions, B5N Kate, D3A Val, I-16, and the Yak-7, with possible work on Lancaster, B-24 and Mosquito. As it stands there are 10 German, 10 U.S., 5 Japanese, and 3 British planes that have been released. I think getting some of the Soviet planes released should bring in some east front gamers. So I think that having a LaGG-3 and IL-2 would help this great little game get more fans. What is anyone’s thoughts about this?

My thoughts are that whatever planes come out are an awesome addition to the series.

I'm also noting a real trend upward in the complexity and "interestingness" of the scenarios in the more recent plane releases, which is just so great to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Nelson
msg tools
Here's THE LIST:

B-25J*
B-25H*
B-26
B-24
B-29
Me-163

Yak-7*
Yak-3
Il-2
Po-2*
I-16*
P-39
Ju-87G (anti-tank cannons)
Hs-123
Hs-129

Mc200
Mc202

Swordfish
Spitfire IX
Spitfire XIV
Mosquito
Typhoon
Lancaster
Bf-110 (night-fighter)
Ju-88 (night-fighter)

D3A Val*
B5N Kate*
N1K George
PBY Catalina

*means currently under development.
There's no order planned for these, though several get done at once so scenarios can reference each other. Also, play-testing for historical balance means making two or three aircraft at a time and releasing them close to each other.

The Val, Kate, and B-29 should pretty much finish the necessary planes for the PTO, though other aircraft (Kawanishi NIK George) can still be added.

Russian front aircraft only require Soviet aircraft, as the Luftwaffe planes are already done.

Other possible aircraft include the C-47, Ju-52, though they'd mostly be targets to defend. The L-4 Grasshopper, and Storch can call in artillery as spotter aircraft. They may also have the ability to add dice to friendly fighter-bombers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Karnuth
United States
Fleming Island
Fl
flag msg tools
badge
Up, down, up
mbmbmbmbmb
I know they don't have a...storied...history, but no Italians planned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you make the Fw-200 Condor you can have convoy attacks against catapult launched Hurricanes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Nelson
msg tools
CarlK wrote:
I know they don't have a...storied...history, but no Italians planned?

Yes, the Mc200 and Mc202 are on the list. I just forgot to add them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Harvey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wahoo Stringbags! Take that, Italian navy!

Is the night-fighting Bf-110 going to have rules for Jazz Music?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kishkumen wrote:
Me-163

Wait... what the hell is this thing? It seems taken straight from a Flash Gordon comic =)

[EDIT] Nevermind, just discovered the V-173 o_O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabbi wrote:
Kishkumen wrote:
Me-163

Wait... what the hell is this thing? It seems taken straight from a Flash Gordon comic =)

[EDIT] Nevermind, just discovered the V-173 o_O

I am nearly ecstatic to hear that the Me-163 is coming! First of all, I can't WAIT to see what that beast's performance ruler is going to look like (maybe more like and actual ruler?)! Will there be rules for it to land and take off again?

Also, will there be rules to cover this:

Quote:
None the less the aircraft had it's dangers. The volatile fuel could dissolve the flesh of pilots & ground crew in a matter of seconds. The pilot's flight suit, boots, underwear and gloves are made of a non-organic, nylon-like material. Clothing made of organic material like cotton would burst into flames on contact with the fuel.

From this page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, read a bit around about this plane and the way it worked is pretty unusual: basically it flew straight upward across an enemy formation and above them, then -out of fuel- it dove back trying to shoot down enemy bombers, then glided to airbase.
It seems it caused more losses between its pilots than enemies', but nonetheless an interesting approach to air combat
Curious myself on checking rules for this one!

As a side note, it seems that late war Germany did go a bit crazy about experimentation, with lots of inventive -albeit not always successful- designs, like V-1 - V-3 (!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caracfergus wrote:

I was thinking something like Wagner’s Ride of the Valkyries for a night fighter theme. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
topman1 wrote:
caracfergus wrote:

I was thinking something like Wagner’s Ride of the Valkyries for a night fighter theme. whistle

Helicopters wouldn't be more appropriate for that..?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabbi wrote:
topman1 wrote:
caracfergus wrote:

Helicopters wouldn't be more appropriate for that..?

Yes but we will need to get the game designer to make that Japanese auto-gyro though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wait. what autogyro? [does google search]

bloody hell, this WWII seems every day more like a Wolfenstein videogame than a real thing! ^^;
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Nelson
msg tools
The Me-163 may get the optional rules for speed as standard rules; It has a lot of speed at the beginning but will need to sacrifice altitude until it can't attack anymore. The tendancy to blow up will be represented either by a very low Airframe or some kind of dice combination (roll snake-eyes on the attack roll and the plane suddenly blows up.

I believe Me-163s operated singly, which will also make things interesting.

caracfergus wrote:

The Ju-88C will definitely get Schräge Musik. The planned Bf-110G release is going to be deadly enough with two 20mm and two 30mm.

caracfergus wrote:
I was thinking something like Wagner’s Ride of the Valkyries for a night fighter theme.

My choice would be Night Witches by Sabaton.
A Bf-110 piloted by vampires would require Mitternacht by E Nomine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kishkumen wrote:
A Bf-110 piloted by vampires would require Mitternacht by E Nomine.

Bf-110 piloted by vampires? So you're actually thinking of something weird to release for Halloween? I keep suggesting a ufo/flying saucer scenario ^^; but something involving crazy nazi inventions over New Swabia would be great, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabbi wrote:
wait. what autogyro? [does google search]

bloody hell, this WWII seems every day more like a Wolfenstein videogame than a real thing! ^^;

The Germans had one that they used like a kite on U-boats
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Harvey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What next? A heavy fighter with pusher engines and gunners in the wings?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caracfergus wrote:
What next? A heavy fighter with pusher engines and gunners in the wings?

When I look at some of the WWI planes I do think of the old wacky races cartoon.

edit: oh, it was actually Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Nelson
msg tools
Gabbi wrote:

Bf-110 piloted by vampires? So you're actually thinking of something weird to release for Halloween? I keep suggesting a ufo/flying saucer scenario ^^; but something involving crazy nazi inventions over New Swabia would be great, too.

I thought about vampire aircraft, but then people would say, "that's when TAC jumped the shark"

However, the Nachthexen were started last night. That would be a good historical release for Oct 31.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably true about jumping the shark with that wacky stuff, but GREAT news about the Nachthexen (which I admit I had to look up).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The I-16 is out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.