Subject: Expansion Coming? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BigBeard
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had pretty much shelved my hopes of a post kickstarter expansion for this game, but a recent Man vs. Meeple youtube video hinted that they may be hearing about an upcoming expansion for Blood Rage. It seems logical to me that CMoN would capitalize on this popular property and add some more to it...but this all may be apocryphal. Anyone else hearing anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cschrad1 wrote:
I had pretty much shelved my hopes of a post kickstarter expansion for this game, but a recent Man vs. Meeple youtube video hinted that they may be hearing about an upcoming expansion for Blood Rage. It seems logical to me that CMoN would capitalize on this popular property and add some more to it...but this all may be apocryphal. Anyone else hearing anything?

Link, please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Clost
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh, I would love this. I only have the 5 player expansion which is amazing. The other ones have had such mixed reviews I haven't touched them yet. Visiting 401games this weekend and may look at Mystics....though not quite sure they're worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a spiritual successor being worked on, but Eric Lang has said they are not any other expansions planned. But you never know, things can change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
spiritual successor

I hope it's Aztec, I been waiting for a game like that to pop up for years now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't it the Adrian Smith Chronicles of Hate one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whistle All of this is true as a rumor, and I was just about to post the same thing from the same source. I came across it when looking at the new Gen Con reviews and previews coming out on youtube. Mr. Lang has been saying "no more variants," but its a VERY popular game, and they are in business to sell games...

Here's your link. Since its a 46 min preview of Gen Con games, they briefly mention a few rumors at the end about Post Gencon things possibly coming, and its one of them noted in passing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnzqE_eIPXA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Parham
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood Rage the dice game. Might as well follow the trend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it would be a legacy game - Throw your units from Valhalla into the fireplace.

Maybe a crowd-related game or a circle game where your dead pieces get mailed to the next person in the ring.

The game is done, and fine as is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could be a teaser.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From CMON expo news

"They also announced Hate, based on the Adrian Smith’s graphic novel of the same name. The game is a competitive survival board game set in a gritty, post-apocalyptic world. Players will be forced to ask how far they would go to survive."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh oh it better suck.

My poor walletsoblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools

Quote:
Introducing the spiritual successor to Blood Rage... Rising Sun from CMON and Guillotine Games! Designed by Eric M. Lang, art by Adrian Smith, and minis by Studio McVey! Coming to Kickstarter in 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. CMON will be printing money with this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know why it is considered the spiritual successor or Blood Rage (mechanics and what not)? I really like the theme of Blood Rage so this would need to be a great game that really evolves the mechanics for me to buy it. If the game play is close enough to be a spiritual successor it would actually need to be good enough to replace Blood Rage since I do not have room for similar games. But thats just me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fubarbox wrote:
Anyone know why it is considered the spiritual successor or Blood Rage (mechanics and what not)? I really like the theme of Blood Rage so this would need to be a great game that really evolves the mechanics for me to buy it. If the game play is close enough to be a spiritual successor it would actually need to be good enough to replace Blood Rage since I do not have room for similar games. But thats just me.

Game Page, BGG wrote:
Whereas the distant ancestor of Blood Rage was Risk, Rising Sun claims Diplomacy as its distant ancestor. Tackle negotiations, alliances, war and seppuku.

Sounds like it'll be different overall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Eric Lang said in an interview from GenCon just now (if I can remember correctly) the game is in the same mythological "dudes on a map" type game where honor is what you want to get. But the game is different enough from Blood Rage.

As stated above Diplomacy is the ancestor of the game so there are ways to form alliances with other players and you get bonuses, then you can backs tab them, however you do lose honor for backstabbing.

Taking a shot in the dark, I would say the similarity between Zombicide and the forthcoming Massive Darkness is about the similarity of Blood Rage and Rising Sun. Several similar mechanics but definitely has a few core differences to make it unique.

EDIT: https://www.facebook.com/coolminiornot/videos/10153890049957... 16 minute mark will be of interest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best to discuss it in Rising Sun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow doesn't even go to KS until next year, so maybe for release around GenCon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
Wow doesn't even go to KS until next year, so maybe for release around GenCon?

Or later? What was the most recent KS to hit retail?

I guess Masmorra was March so they can do it pretty fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krushhhhh wrote:
Eric Lang said in an interview from GenCon just now (if I can remember correctly) the game is in the same mythological "dudes on a map" type game where honor is what you want to get. But the game is different enough from Blood Rage.

As stated above Diplomacy is the ancestor of the game so there are ways to form alliances with other players and you get bonuses, then you can backs tab them, however you do lose honor for backstabbing.

Taking a shot in the dark, I would say the similarity between Zombicide and the forthcoming Massive Darkness is about the similarity of Blood Rage and Rising Sun. Several similar mechanics but definitely has a few core differences to make it unique.

EDIT: https://www.facebook.com/coolminiornot/videos/10153890049957... 16 minute mark will be of interest

Thanks for the info....Looks like I get to be on the fence then Passed on Massive Darkness for now because I felt it was too close to Black Plague personally and I love BP. I figure come season 2 it will be different enough heh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo Rising Sun--looks like Clan Warfare to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.