Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: 'Soft-publishing' a print 'n play mod rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Calvin Wiley
msg tools
Hi BGG-ers! I've been working on a mod for one of my favorite board games, "Zombicide". I wanted to soft publish a free print n' play version of the mod so far, for other fans to try it out.

There are no new extensive art resources, just some tokens and cards, and an updated rules sheet. How would I go about sharing this mod, keeping in mind that:

1) I don't want to claim rights in any way. The peeps at Guillotine Games have made an awesome game, and I worked on this to complement the game I love

2) I want other players to be able to easily print and cut the gameplay resources for the mod, but I also want them to have access to the image files if they want to take it a step further and create cardboard cutouts, etc.

3) The mod is best played with custom dice, but can be (uncomfortably) played with normal dice.

I'd appreciate any advice y'all have. Thanks for your time! Game on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Flaherty
United States
Loves Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest creating a file, pdf etc, and uploading to the files section for the game. Once it is approved (don't know if it must be geekmodded or not), post in the variants section detailing what you have done and any pictures pointing the reader to the file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Wiley
msg tools
Cool! I'm still pretty new to this site, I didn't know half that stuff was possible. Thanks a ton!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's a very big site. Made more confusing by the new interface, in my opinion.

But, every discovery is even more exciting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.