Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Misha Nosiara
United States
Bellaire
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When selecting whales, do the players select only one whale per ship in the appropriate order, or do you keep selecting until everyone passes? Ie. If you are the only ship at sea can you take every whale?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
One chance per ship, in order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misha Nosiara
United States
Bellaire
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron B
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so I'm certain, if no-one selects a whale is it returned to the bag after the next turn's movement phase? And does the same go for empty sea tiles? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right. Any unselected tiles (whale or empty) stay out for the next round, then get returned to the bag right before the next set of whales are drawn.
That leaves empty sea tiles out for the Tavern next round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Applewhite
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sivilized wrote:
That's right. Any unselected tiles (whale or empty) stay out for the next round, then get returned to the bag right before the next set of whales are drawn.
That leaves empty sea tiles out for the Tavern next round.

A little help please. Watching a couple of the videos, they do not put whales that are not taken by a player back in the bag, instead, it is said that those whale tokens not taken are out of the game but the empty sea tiles do go back in the bag. Which is correct?

Thanks!

I only ask because the videos have been out for a year and did not know if it was a change to the game or if you (Nat) had not caught their misinterpretation of the rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't noticed that in any of the videos, but I may not have watched them that closely. If they showed unselected whales not returning to the bag, that was incorrect, and that rule hasn't changed in a while.
Do you happen to remember what video it was? I'd like to get it corrected if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Whales not paid for by the lay are out of the game - maybe that is what he is confusing vs Whales caught while whaling?? Or I'm confused..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:
Whales not paid for by the lay are out of the game - maybe that is what he is confusing vs Whales caught while whaling?? Or I'm confused..

That is true,sold whales nobody buys leave the game. But other than that, they go back into the bag until someone puts them on a ship
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Applewhite
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sivilized wrote:
T-Mo wrote:

That is true,sold whales nobody buys leave the game. But other than that, they go back into the bag until someone puts them on a ship

Ahhhhh, I see the confusion on my part; thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.