Hide
9 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: New Player Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Von
msg tools
Ok some new player questions (yes these are complete noob questions)

Movement: Can a player go diagonal at the end of a black wall line

so for example.. can I go diagonal to go around the wall or do I have to do the complete wall walk around . The difference is 2 moves diagonal vs 4 moves without diagonal

The reason I ask is on my board the black wall line extends just enough over the "diagonal" direction that I want to make sure they either can't or can.

And with that same question, does the LOS go through that small "black wall nub"?

You can see a good example here (notice how the black walls don't end on the immediate pieces http://ibrahimshaath.co.uk/imperialassault/01.jpg

Reinforcement: can the imperial player reinforce passed the original amount? eg.. can I reinforce 4th storm trooper to a group that initially was 3?

Mission Briefings: What information is the Imperial Player allowed to read to the rebel player? is it just what's in the white boxes?
For example, we are starting on A New Threat - do I tell them the doors are lock and they have X # of health, that the mission fails after round 7 or all hero's are wounded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The "wall nubs" should be completely ignored for ALL purposes. Walls exist along a space's entire edge or not at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
avonnied wrote:

Reinforcement: can the imperial player reinforce passed the original amount? eg.. can I reinforce 4th storm trooper to a group that initially was 3?

No.

Quote:
Mission Briefings: What information is the Imperial Player allowed to read to the rebel player? is it just what's in the white boxes?
For example, we are starting on A New Threat - do I tell them the doors are lock and they have X # of health, that the mission fails after round 7 or all hero's are wounded?

Read them absolutely everything except for choices you don't make or events that never trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ends and corners of walls, doors, and blocking terrain do not extend beyond the corners of the spaces. See the line of sight and movement examples from the end of the rules reference guide. Cases 10 and 11 directly answers your question for line of sight.

Each deployment card shows the number of figures that belong to that group. You cannot reinforce figures that do not belong to the group. (And you can only deploy whole groups.)

avonnied wrote:
Mission Briefings: What information is the Imperial Player allowed to read to the rebel player?

Both the flair text and the associated rules block.

Read the second page of the campaign book, and read it to the rebels as well.

Also read What are some crazy or common rule-breaking mistakes your group made whilst learning the game?.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ok, it says 2-5 plrs on the starting box. But is it possible to play this game as single plr as well? Any rules in existence that explains how to do it? Or maybe any Expansions for this game that do include rules for playing as singleplr?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rox4Games wrote:
Ok, it says 2-5 plrs on the starting box. But is it possible to play this game as single plr as well? Any rules in existence that explains how to do it? Or maybe any Expansions for this game that do include rules for playing as singleplr?

At the moment, you require at least two players for all official content of the game.

There is an app that is in development that will allow single player. At this stage, there are no hints as to when it will come out, so it's probably at least a year away.

There is a thread in the Variants sub-forum that discusses Redjak's Emperor Variant which is an attempt to make solo possible, although I haven't tested it out myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is hidden information in the form of events and hidden agenda cards in the campaign, not to mention varying strategies of the imperial player. It is always different to play against an active opponent who adjusts their strategy depending on the mission and which heroes they are playing against.

I have played various side missions as two-handed solo, but you of course lose a lot in the process, because you can't avoid knowing advance information even when you try. It is still one way to get to know new deployment groups, imperial classes, new heroes and item cards.

There are a couple of variants for solo play:
RedJak's Automated Imperial Variant (RAIV) V1
RedJak's Automated Emperor Variant V2
The RAIV assets are also in the Vassal IA Campaign module.
VASSAL: Imperial Assault - Campaign

One on my saviors (to get Imperial Assault played almost as much as I desire) are the Play By Forum campaigns where you get to play against all kinds of players to supplement any campaigns I can get played with my face-to-face group. (I have finished 3 PBF campaigns, 1 is on hold, and 2 in progress.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rox4Games wrote:

I've played with redjak's RAIV variant and it works really well. There isn't a whole lot to it, cards and the instructions. Well worth looking into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Should check these out and also ofc save up cash to buy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.