Jett Rink
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all,

I started playing Imperial assault with a friend recently and we're thinking about getting into Descent also.

I was just wondering if the core set contains all the miniatures required for that campaign or if some of the characters are actually just tokens? And then the miniatures are sold as separate units, like the Han Solo mini in Imperial Assault.

I've seen Lieutenant and monster packs for sale and wondered if these were token replacement models.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the Overlord's leaders that associate with Lieutenant packs will be tokens (ie, the boss of each scenario). Otherwise the base would be more than 50% more expensive. Monsters are never tokens, but you get more with the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ariagno
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So is there a list of what sets, expansions, hero & monster sets and lieutenant packs all go together? I just started looking at this game myself so apologize if this has been asked before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Lieberoth
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vyhal wrote:
So is there a list of what sets, expansions, hero & monster sets and lieutenant packs all go together? I just started looking at this game myself so apologize if this has been asked before.

I've been hoping for that list too. Subscribing to this song thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
Buying the Lieutenant packs is definitely a decadent completionist move [of which I am guilty] as you are paying $10-15 for a mini that is only used D3 times per campaign. They give the overlord an option, but if you plan to play Road to Legend that may not be as relevant.

The following Lieutenants are tokens in the base game:

Baron Zachareth
Eliza Farrow
Alric Farrow
Merick Farrow
Belthir
Splig

If you want to get just one, Splig is largely considered the best value, as he shows up in the most scenarios in this campaign, and shows up in other campaigns as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
DanielFirestorm wrote:
All of the Overlord's leaders that associate with Lieutenant packs will be tokens (ie, the boss of each scenario). Otherwise the base would be more than 50% more expensive.

No, no it would not. I can buy single packaged medium mini's from reaper mini's for $2-3 retail. That does not add up to $40 especially without the packaging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lieberoth wrote:
Vyhal wrote:

I've been hoping for that list too. Subscribing to this song thread

There's a list of all the lieutenants on the Descent 2E wiki. The list also contains information on where they were introduced: Lieutenant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
Bucho22 wrote:
DanielFirestorm wrote:
All of the Overlord's leaders that associate with Lieutenant packs will be tokens (ie, the boss of each scenario). Otherwise the base would be more than 50% more expensive.

No, no it would not. I can buy single packaged medium mini's from reaper mini's for $2-3 retail. That does not add up to $40 especially without the packaging.

Not to be a dick, but 6x3=18+7 for up charge because they are ana and the minis are game specific. Must not be too far off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
DanielFirestorm wrote:

Not to be a dick, but 6x3=18+7 for up charge because they are ana and the minis are game specific. Must not be too far off.

That's still not $40. But yes $18 would be the high end for 6 game specific minis which are individually packaged. Hence sticking them in the core box would be cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still the best list:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/104162/descent-journeys-d...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.