$20.00
$60.00
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to talk about buying the existing mat from someone.
Since GF9 just announced they will be selling a 4'x6' mat that has places for all the decks, I figured it might be a good time to see about doing just that.

I'll be at GenCon this year so can even be the one that buys the mat for you (but would highly prefer just picking it up from someone at GenCon if possible -- save on shipping and all that.)

Feel free to respond to this post or message me individually!

Thanks
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Farnsworth
msg tools
I'm happy with the Whole Damn Verse mat, and I have the Big Damn Crate (MFE) to store the game, which doubles as a great way to save table space since it holds all the draw/discards. I do think the new mat is a great idea though, I just obviously don't have the space to use it since saving table space with the BDC was a factor for me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too many nice stuff hitting the streets to try adding another item and slip a large play mat past the wife. She already knows what is KS and pre-orders coming, (one of us has to be in when they are delivered).

So I may have to settle for dropping on one in the future, hope it isn't 500 years from now in a whole new star system . . .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Farnic wrote:
I'm happy with the Whole Damn Verse mat, and I have the Big Damn Crate (MFE) to store the game, which doubles as a great way to save table space since it holds all the draw/discards. I do think the new mat is a great idea though, I just obviously don't have the space to use it since saving table space with the BDC was a factor for me.


What is the Big Damn Crate MFE
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OutOfHabit wrote:
Farnic wrote:
I'm happy with the Whole Damn Verse mat, and I have the Big Damn Crate (MFE) to store the game, which doubles as a great way to save table space since it holds all the draw/discards. I do think the new mat is a great idea though, I just obviously don't have the space to use it since saving table space with the BDC was a factor for me.


What is the Big Damn Crate MFE


A new 'Broken Token' complete storage solution for Firefly (user constructed). I've just seen the price and it is not for faint-hearted.

Just realised I had missed mentioning MFE = Mighty Fine Edition. Prebuilt limited luxury edition.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stim
United States
Harvest
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And it is indeed mighty fine. Just being able to keep all the cards except the Nav decks and the bounty/Misbehave/Other deck in the crate makes it worth it. Just watch out that your Alliance Cruiser does not get all bendy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Turgul wrote:
And it is indeed mighty fine. Just being able to keep all the cards except the Nav decks and the bounty/Misbehave/Other deck in the crate makes it worth it. Just watch out that your Alliance Cruiser does not get all bendy.

Now we're finishing this deal, and then maybe, *maybe* we'll come back for those morons who got themselves caught. You can't change that by getting all... bendy. You've got the - the light from the console... keep you, lift you up. They shine like... little angels
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turgul wrote:
And it is indeed mighty fine. Just being able to keep all the cards except the Nav decks and the bounty/Misbehave/Other deck in the crate makes it worth it. Just watch out that your Alliance Cruiser does not get all bendy.


So what components does it hold for storage?
What about for play?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stim
United States
Harvest
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It holds all of the pieces. You can pull out the Nav deck holder and the Bounty/Misbehaves/Other deck. The Bounty holder has slots on the top of it to display the Bounty cards. With the exception of the two sets of cards I just mentioned, all the other decks can be played out of the crate which now only takes up 2 x 3 feet total as opposed to needing an extra table for all the decks. There are two containers to split all the markers in so setup and tear-down take a few (~5) minutes.

If you can spare the cash, I highly recommend getting the crate.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turgul wrote:
It holds all of the pieces. You can pull out the Nav deck holder and the Bounty/Misbehaves/Other deck. The Bounty holder has slots on the top of it to display the Bounty cards. With the exception of the two sets of cards I just mentioned, all the other decks can be played out of the crate which now only takes up 2 x 3 feet total as opposed to needing an extra table for all the decks. There are two containers to split all the markers in so setup and tear-down take a few (~5) minutes.

If you can spare the cash, I highly recommend getting the crate.


And it fits all expansions to date?
I know the Broken Token site says so but wasn't sure what date they were referring to.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stim
United States
Harvest
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything fits in the crate. There are even slots for two additional ships. The 4 x 6 foot mat will not fit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.