Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think the 1st edition will raise in value for used and new copies after the 2nd edition is released?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope so. bag
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmbmbmb
Several components may be transferred to the second ed, so if FFG won't release "1st ed essential pack" or give them away in "print and play" manner, there might be quite a few people looking for 1st ed to buy.

My complete 1st ed collection will stay with me though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can check eBay to see what things have actually sold for (not just what people are asking). In the last couple of days the core game sold for $160, Call of the Wild sold for $200, and a bundle of the Core and Forbidden Alchemy sold for $200. So, take that FWIW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First edition may hold a high value.
My impression is that people desired a new printing with some scenarios fixed. Maybe FFG did some research and found this option more profitable.

I'm a bit wary of board games that require an app to play. I don't particularly want to permanently be tethered - although having an app as an OPTION can be very cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmb
boardgamemeltdown wrote:
Do you think the 1st edition will raise in value for used and new copies after the 2nd edition is released?

People will want the tiles/minis that can be ported over to 2nd edition, so enough of the newcomers will be hunting for 1E copies to drive the price up for the scum that love to overprice games. Expect the 1E prices to jump over the next 3 months. After that, it depends on if the minis/tiles will get a re-release and/or how proxy-able they are through the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob

Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Call of the Wild was available for around $45 online when 2nd edition was announced. It is now rare as hen's teeth. We'll see how long that lasts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saber72 wrote:
Call of the Wild was available for around $45 online when 2nd edition was announced. It is now rare as hen's teeth. We'll see how long that lasts.

Where? I was checking for it almost daily since May when I noticed it was becoming harder and harder to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven
badge
mbmb
Saber72 wrote:

This isnt true unless you have a hidey hole we dont know about. Call of the Wild was the first of the 1E boxes to go out of print. The BGG marketplace, Amazon sellers and Ebay immediately go into gouge mode. Then Forbidden Alchemy a couple of months after that. By that time, people were legit trying to get MSRPx2 for everything. I picked up CotW and FA on the marketplace like two months back for just under MSRP+shipping cuz I was getting antsy, but they were in the Marketplace for only a few hours if even before I jumped on them. You can see sold copies of CotW on Ebay for $80 in May and $130 in June before they got even more wild in the last two weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Saber72 wrote:

This isnt true unless you have a hidey hole we dont know about. Call of the Wild was the first of the 1E boxes to go out of print. The BGG marketplace, Amazon sellers and Ebay immediately go into gouge mode. Then Forbidden Alchemy a couple of months after that. By that time, people were legit trying to get MSRPx2 for everything. I picked up CotW and FA on the marketplace like two months back for just under MSRP+shipping cuz I was getting antsy, but they were in the Marketplace for only a few hours if even before I jumped on them. You can see sold copies of CotW on Ebay for $80 in May and $130 in June before they got even more wild in the last two weeks.

I'm guessing that poster saw them listed on CSI or MM, and didn't realize they were marked "Out of Stock." As they have been, for many, many months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this and started kicking myself for never picking up Call. But then I had a flicker of memory and could have sworn I saw it on the shelf at my little FLGS a couple weeks back. Just called and sure enough I was right! They ordered all the expansions some time ago for a customer and ordered a couple extra copies. So I have the last one now waiting for me behind the counter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, and my other FLGS across town has a copy of Forbidden Alchemy that they are now holding for me as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven
badge
mbmb
stevelabny wrote:
After that, it depends on if the minis/tiles will get a re-release

Which they are. So nobody needs to run to get the old stuff unless they want to play the keeper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
stevelabny wrote:

Which they are. So nobody needs to run to get the old stuff unless they want to play the keeper.

I don't want to buy the second edition though. So if I want Call and Alchemy, I still need the 1st editions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven
badge
mbmb
bastimret wrote:
stevelabny wrote:
stevelabny wrote:

I don't want to buy the second edition though. So if I want Call and Alchemy, I still need the 1st editions.

which is what i said? If you specifically want to play the keeper, you still need to run after the old stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Lindberg
Sweden
lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ffg have Now announced reprints of all tiles and minis from 1 ed so no need to buy the old stuff if you not want to play keeper.

Best regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just picked up at my FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.