Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gorski
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Set-up states 59th Infantry Division, Artillery is placed in the Artillery Park as are the reinforcements. There is a Formation leader chit with 59th Inf. Artillery (?). How are these used? Is the leader place in the cup? Where do the Artillery Park units fire from? Is their range of 18-20 assumed to be somewhere on the map?

I'm confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One kind of has to piece together the rules to figure this out. From the WED Exclusive Rules S1.0:

"An artillery park marker with a non-zero value must be placed in its Divisional reinforcement hex. "

That 59th park has a 1 value so it goes on the Div reinforcement hex which is 47.151 in this scenario.

The leader is a bit moot at the beginning of the game as the existing arty is in the park which means it is always in command. Nominally, the arty Leader would help if the arty park disbands. Leaders never go in the cup only activation chits.

As for where they fire from, also from S1.0:

"Units in the Artillery Park Box are always In Command. When calculating the range from an Indirect HE Unit in the Artillery Park Box to a target hex, count from the artillery park marker to the target, and add the number printed on the artillery park marker. Use this method to determine both maximum and minimum range."

In this scenario the arty range can cover just about the whole map.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gorski
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks,Ty. I'm really enjoying and beginning to appreciate the depth of this game. Too bad it's so difficult to get on the table at my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.