Hide
16 Posts

Axis & Allies Miniatures» Forums » General

Subject: Does anyone still play ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M P
msg tools
I am looking to see if anyone still plays this game. If so; what are your thoughts?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Havent played in a long time, sold a lot, but still have enough in case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
I haven't played it in a long time either but Tide of Iron has similar mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoffreyB wrote:
I haven't played it in a long time either but Tide of Iron has similar mechanics.

Umm... not really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both but rather play AAM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
My collection, though not complete, is still intact but hasn't seen play in many years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eryk B
Poland
Wroclaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shei Li wrote:
I am looking to see if anyone still plays this game. If so; what are your thoughts?
Thanks

With that many house rules it's really hard to tell if I can even refer to this game (we still use those stat cards... but most of them are custom)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cinotti
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't get enough table time as far as I'm concerned, but I have a decent sized collection and I'm keeping it just in case!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunday gourmet burgers and tanks or ships!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cinotti
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisxny wrote:
Sunday gourmet burgers and tanks or ships!!

Both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M P
msg tools
katzi wrote:
Shei Li wrote:
Thanks

With that many house rules it's really hard to tell if I can even refer to this game (we still use those stat cards... but most of them are custom)

I would be interested in hearing more about your custom cards sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M P
msg tools
RexDart817 wrote:
Doesn't get enough table time as far as I'm concerned, but I have a decent sized collection and I'm keeping it just in case!

I agree that it seems to not get much table time. Why do you suppose that is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

I've never played according to the rules given. The originals appeared to be an afterthought and were pretty pathetic. I think they've improved since, but I haven't bothered to check it out.
I use them to play out battles which occur on the boardgame, using rules I essentially wrote from scratch, borrowing from various other systems.

Haven't for a while, though. It's a slow way to play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group still plays every now and then - though not as often as I would like to. cry We use the Expanded rules along with the official errata and card updates and even what semi-official clarifications I could find on the old WotC forums from some of the game designers and company reps. for things like pure faction bonuses and formations.

My favorite factions for the Allies are the U.S. and the British Commonwealth, and for the Axis (besides Germany, everyone wants to play Germany) Italy and a healthy sprinkling of Romanians and Hungarians.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnluckyNumber wrote:
My group still plays every now and then - though not as often as I would like to. cry We use the Expanded rules along with the official errata and card updates and even what semi-official clarifications I could find on the old WotC forums from some of the game designers and company reps. for things like pure faction bonuses and formations.

My favorite factions for the Allies are the U.S. and the British Commonwealth, and for the Axis (besides Germany, everyone wants to play Germany) Italy and a healthy sprinkling of Romanians and Hungarians.

I played a handful of games against a guy who would only play Soviets. So everyone has a favorite, but it's not always Germans. :-) Personally I like the minors too, Hungarians, Finns, Italians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Velasquez
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2247118512
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.