Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great show with really high production values and I'm enjoying it immensely. It just appeared, but it seems to have some history. Does anyone know how it came to be? Also, is it sponsored by TMG? There's a sign on the wall and the studio looks very professional, so I assume it's not a typical "gamer who couldn't contain their excitement" video series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy Salinas (aka Drakkenstrike) had a massively successful Components Breakdown series a few years ago, but it appears that he got burned out and it just disappeared. He's been talking about this new series for a while, and it appears he's put a LOT of work into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asutbone wrote:
Jeremy Salinas (aka Drakkenstrike) had a massively successful Components Breakdown series a few years ago, but it appears that he got burned out and it just disappeared. He's been talking about this new series for a while, and it appears he's put a LOT of work into it.

Ahh. I've only been back in the hobby for a couple years and I didn't know about his old series. I've watched a couple and they're great. I think Man vs. Meeple is my favorite new series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Useful links for anyone stumbling into this thread and not having heard of Drakkenstrike (like I was about 20 minutes ago):

Blog about the development of Drakkenstrike's new series and production process
- This is a great read and really shows just how much work was put into the return series. Crafting that set with no prior experience is simply nuts.

Geeklist of Drakkenstrike Reviews

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Moller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought he stopped doing his original series because the videos were being used in a way he didn't agree with and so he needed to take a (admittedly large) step back to reassess. Very glad he's back now, I'm also enjoying his videos, even when it's games I have no interest in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.