Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook v1j, p.15 wrote:
When an Outer Planets location is revealed for the first time, check to see which Greek letter is on it (if any). If there are any explorable missions for that location with that letter on the back, shuffled only those missions and draw one.

Ok, from this I assume:

d10-1 If there are no Greek letters on the location card, then no additional mission is drawn.

d10-2 If there is one Greek letter on the location card, then make a deck of all missions from that location containing at least that letter on the back, and draw one to be added to the pool of available mission.

d10-3 If there are multiple Greek letters on the location card... ???

This situation is not covered since the rule as written refers only to single letters on location cards; i.e. the case of multiple letters on the location card is not discussed.

A specific location discussed in spoiler tags in a very non-spoilerly way:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Specifically one of the Enceladus location cards shows both "α" and "β". The 4 mission cards are split: 2 with both letters "α β", and 2 with just "β".

Should the "α β" location derive a mission from only the two missions also labeled "α β"? (In this case it behaves exactly as if it had just an "α" since there are [currently] no Enceladus missions labeled with just "α".)

Or should it derive a mission from all four mission cards? (In this case it behaves exactly as if it had just a "β" since [currently] all Enceladus mission cards are labeled with at least "β".)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, good question, now that I think about it. As it stands, there is symbol redundancy in Enceladus, one way or the other.

Joe, care to elaborate?

I play it as 'any of the symbols on the mission cards match any of the symbols on the location' btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Lefebvre
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I take it as being simply a matter of: if the location as a specific greek letter, shuffle all missions with "at least" that letter and pick one.

So in that case, you have 2 choices if it's an Alpha, and 4 choices if it's a Beta.

I didn't check the specifics, as I don't want to spoil the locations yet, but I suspect the letters make sure that the missions are compatible with the location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
I don't even know where I live anymore
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenixio wrote:
I take it as being simply a matter of: if the location as a specific greek letter, shuffle all missions with "at least" that letter and pick one.

So in that case, you have 2 choices if it's an Alpha, and 4 choices if it's a Beta.

That's correct!

Phoenixio wrote:
I didn't check the specifics, as I don't want to spoil the locations yet, but I suspect the letters make sure that the missions are compatible with the location.

That's exactly the idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buffalohat wrote:
Phoenixio wrote:

That's correct!

I hate to be pedantic, but that still doesn't answer the question. What if it's both "Alpha" and "Beta"? 2 choices or 4? (Further clarified in the spoiler block above.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
I don't even know where I live anymore
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
buffalohat wrote:
Phoenixio wrote:

That's correct!

I hate to be pedantic, but that still doesn't answer the question. What if it's both "Alpha" and "Beta"? 2 choices or 4? (Further clarified in the spoiler block above.)

If a location has an alpha on it, shuffle all missions with an alpha on them and draw one. If a location has a beta, shuffle and draw a beta mission.

If a location has both an alpha and a beta, shuffle and draw a mission with an alpha or beta or both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I would then suggest this edit to the rules:

When an Outer Planets location is revealed for the first time, check to see which Greek letters are on it (if any). If there are any explorable mission cards for that location with one or more letters on their back that match any of the letters on the location card, shuffled only those missions and draw one.

Thanks for a great game, btw!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.