Subject: Any chance this game can be made for Tabletop Simulator? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a mod for the game last summer and it worked pretty well, it's a simple enough game to work through on the computer and was a lot of fun for solo games. But I uploaded all of my images with Copy.com and when it died in the spring so did my mod for the time being. I have all of the necessary files still. I'd just have to go through and add all of the cards and game pieces again with a new online source, not a huge undertaking...just haven't got around to it quite yet.

I have a few games that I'd made last year and needed to reupload and I'd started on that endeavor a couple weeks ago. I was excited to get back to Camp Grizzly because it'd be especially fun and convenient now that Tabletop Simulator has scripting and you could do things like layout each unique map setup with the click of a button.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jtop
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Creator here:

I would appreciate it if people refrained from replicating our game and adding it to Tabletop Simulator. We have not given the rights to anyone for those purposes.

We are a very small company (2 people) and would someday like to publish additional projects but we won't do it for free. We have production costs to cover; art, printing, shipping, conventions, music, etc.

I have heard the argument that it will ultimately help with visibility. However, we can tell you first hand that it didn't have that effect. When we asked to pull it from Tabletop Simulator, there had been more downloads than physical copies sold.

In our view it doesn't help and is no more than a Napster for tabletop games. You are paying the Tabletop Simulator people for our work. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bruno
United States
Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I agree, its one of the reasons I dislike the idea of Tabletop Simulator. I do notice that there are a few games on there that creators upload and you can buy as DLC. This is the method I would prefer (I think tabletopia is a similar idea but does everything through official channels instead of Mods made by fans)

Is there any considering, maybe when the expansions are out or so, of possibly uploading it to that for paid DLC of sorts? (Like Zombicide is a $9.99 DLC for Tabletop Simulator)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Remmel
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Any chance this game plus expansions might see a larger release? I see the game listed on your Ameritrash website but I don't want to purchase the base game if I'll never be able to get some of the five expansions. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Any chance this game can be made for rTabletop Simulator?
Superscythe wrote:
Any chance this game plus expansions might see a larger release? I see the game listed on your Ameritrash website but I don't want to purchase the base game if I'll never be able to get some of the five expansions. Thanks!

I'd assume the expansions will be available alongside the base game on their website when they're done too.

Bear in mind they're simply not completed yet; the Kickstarter backers don't even have them.

If that's your only concern, I would just go ahead and buy the base now. The expansions will be along sooner or later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Remmel
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Oh wow, I had no idea this was the case. Thanks very much for the explanation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gozilla Gozilla
msg tools
When I inquired, they replied that the art for the expansions should be completed by the end of 2016.
The KS backers will be the first served, I assume, so the rest of the world will probably be able to buy the expansions in the first months of 2017 (just my guess).

I just could not wait (I got the base game from USA to Japan in a few days) 'cause I want to pass the next Xmas at Camp Grizzly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I wish he would update us Kickstarter backers about that then since last we heard, in the beginning of August, was that the art was supposed to be done that month. It is surprising that he's saying its been changed to the end of 2016. I hope the artist was cheap since they are the slowest artist I've ever seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.