Subject: Game end when you lose too many cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what is the official point when the game is over due to loss of cards? When you can't draw up? When there are no cards?

Thanks!
Todd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook:

"If at any point during the game a player cannot draw cards because the Enterprise Deck has been depleted in this way, the players lose the game!"

I interpret that to mean if it is your turn to draw a card and you can't because the deck is empty (and there are no cards in the discard pile to force a reshuffle), then you lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Guess
United States
Arnold
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:
From the rulebook:

"If at any point during the game a player cannot draw cards because the Enterprise Deck has been depleted in this way, the players lose the game!"

I interpret that to mean if it is your turn to draw a card and you can't because the deck is empty (and there are no cards in the discard pile to force a reshuffle), then you lose.

Yes and no. In the beginning of the manual it says you reshuffle to draw. However under the taking damage part it says that if you take damage on a section that is destroyed you then take damage via cards off the deck that are removed permanently from the game. The note then says if a player cannot draw from the deck because it has been depleated in this way, the game is over. So I would interpret that to say you keep reshuffling until the deck has beem eliminated via damage points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that was what I said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Guess
United States
Arnold
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:
I thought that was what I said.

Lol Same difference, two ways to say it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.