Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Automa - Deploying unit from homebase / Actions after automa's lost combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: notes [+] [View All]
BG Geek
Germany
flag msg tools
Salut, fellow geeks!

I just finished my first Automa game and two questions are longing to be answered:

1) When both adjacent hexes to my homebase are still occupied by f.e. my workers and additionally one or more have been recently deployed on my homebase...
In case of a move action (and moving the unit closest to homebase), do I have to move a unit from the hexes adjacent or directly from homebase (which is in this case closest?!?) ? Will I first move all the units out of homebase before I can finally move the units from any of the adjacent tiles or vice versa (first moving from adjacent tiles)?

2) I won against an attacking automa unit... do I still have to give the second step's gain and finally a possible star (progress on automa card) action to the Automa? I guess so, but it feels slightly counter-intuitive...

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick reply from my phone. I'll be happy to explain in more detail if you still are uncertain.

1. Home base is the closest to home base, so those would move first.

2. Yes, even if you defeat, the other things specified by the card still happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja'd by David yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
DJStudley wrote:

1. Home base is the closest to home base, so those would move first.

Just to make sure you are clear, however, the workers on the home base will leap over the adjacent workers, so the Automa is still making progress towards you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lines! Thanks. It's usually the other way around
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG Geek
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks, guys!

This community is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.