GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,794 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Mistfall» Forums » General

Subject: Focus wand - Errata? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Lee
msg tools
On the card...
"Cards attached to Focus Wand are considered to be in your [H] but have no costs, Actions, or Special abilities..."

[H] is "Hero Area" symbol.
Shouldn't it be "Hand" symbol?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
No the card is correct.

The wand (and Hareag's rune stone) is like a battery storing cards for powering spells later and freeing up your hand to draw more cards. It enables the mage to make big plays with lots of Arcane/Frost cards at a later time. The whole point us that the stored cards are _not_ in your hand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Lee
msg tools
deadmarlowe wrote:
No the card is correct.

The wand (and Hareag's rune stone) is like a battery storing cards for powering spells later and freeing up your hand to draw more cards. It enables the mage to make big plays with lots of Arcane/Frost cards at a later time. The whole point us that the stored cards are _not_ in your hand

The cards attached are stored just to be discarded later, when needed. According to the rule, cards can be discarded from hand, not from Hero Area. Hareag's rune stone has Hand symbol at same place where Focus Wand has [H]. I've been confused with that difference.

Now I understand that it seems the intention for two cards is anyhow same, reglardless of which symbol it has. In same way, I can boost spells by discarding the cards attached, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a different Focus Wand card. Mine says hand instead of hero area. Did they change the card?

Using the wording on your card, you can only attach Arcane cards that are in your hero area. That is much more limiting than storing Arcane cards from your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
It obviously has to store from hand, not H, that'd be ridiculous.
So that's some sort of misprint, but sounds like some versions have it fixed already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Lee
msg tools
Weltenreiter wrote:
It obviously has to store from hand, not H, that'd be ridiculous.
So that's some sort of misprint, but sounds like some versions have it fixed already.

I also think it should be Hand, not [H].
Mine is tabletop simulator version. Perhaps it's an errata which they didn't catch in digital version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.