$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
Ohbe One
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I need clarification in the rules which describe maneuvering forward with a ship already in range 1.

It says if there are shields it doesn't become a board because it can't move through shields.

If there are no shields it "will become a boarder". But then in the diagram, it says it becomes a boarder and deals damage equal to it's defense.

So, are you supposed to make it board immediately when you maneuver into it, or during the move and fire phase? Because if it weren't immediately, then why mention it? But since they didn't say immediately anywhere, it's unclear.

Please advise! I'm guessing it's immediate otherwise why mention it and it's as if you're ramming a ship with no shields to protect you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is immediate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Stewart
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, immediately.

Rulebook p.9 — "If a player Maneuvers forward and there are enemy ships in Short Range, AND there are ... NO Shields in front of those Threats they will become Boarders." Note that "cloaked ships DO NOT move closer to the Enterprise" when you maneuver forward, and thus do not become boarders (p.15). Tholians never board the ship, not that you could maneuver if you had one in short range anyway (p.16).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ohbe One
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks guys! I don't remember if I ever saw these replies! I need to get this on the the table again haven't played since first got it. I'm always getting too many new games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.