Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand he can ante counters to charge up. But since the penalties don't apply until the End of Beat and by then priority and power have been calculated and applied in the attacks, how does it matter? Or are they applied on the following beat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He does not ante counters to charge up.

1. During ante, Burman declares a number of Firepower he will gain at the end of the beat. Note that this number can be adjusted upward during successive ante steps, but not downward.
2. Upon Reveal, Burman applies the Power and Priority penalties associated with the amount from step 1 (the amount Charged) to his attack pair.
3. At the end of the beat, Burman gains the number of Counters he declared in step 1, to a maximum of 5 Counters held.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tankbard wrote:
He does not ante counters to charge up.

1. During ante, Burman declares a number of Firepower he will gain at the end of the beat. Note that this number can be adjusted upward during successive ante steps, but not downward.
2. Upon Reveal, Burman applies the Power and Priority penalties associated with the amount from step 1 (the amount Charged) to his attack pair.
3. At the end of the beat, Burman gains the number of Counters he declared in step 1, to a maximum of 5 Counters held.

I can 100% confirm this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a note, the important difference is that if he is at 5 counters he can still ante Charge 3, at which point he can spend 3 during the beat since he'll get them right back. He's component-limited to 5 Firepower though, so any extra charge is wasted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.