• [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hackel
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The symbols for black and blue materials are different. I have assumed that those types of materials not not interchangable. If you ignore this, and assume that black is black and blue is blue, then there's no reason why you couldn't combine the sets.

If you assume as I have that different symbols keep things separate, then the only parts from Antiquity that are still usable for Middle Ages are the loans and education cards (neither of which were common in the Middle Ages anyway).

I have not tried to mix the sets together, not have I wanted to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
cerulean wrote:
The symbols for black and blue materials are different. I have assumed that those types of materials not not interchangable. If you ignore this, and assume that black is black and blue is blue, then there's no reason why you couldn't combine the sets.

If you assume as I have that different symbols keep things separate, then the only parts from Antiquity that are still usable for Middle Ages are the loans and education cards (neither of which were common in the Middle Ages anyway).

I have not tried to mix the sets together, not have I wanted to.

If you had to pick one over the other which would it be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hackel
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If a cold and cruel universe made me choose between Antiquity and Middle ages, I'd pick Antiquity. You can play the Middle Ages game with the Antiquity cards, but not vice versa. The only advantage Middle Ages has is more replay value, it having more cards.

If I had to choose between "they are compatible" and "they are not compatible", I would choose that they are not. Both are perfectly fine games by themselves, and I have not felt the need or desire to 'improve' them by mixing them together, even after several plays each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.