Subject: Quest Builder: Choose Next Step rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Dean
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What am I missing here?

This is Step 3, and I'd like one of the rewards for this step to be the ability to do either Step 4 or Step 5 next. After completing Step 3, I expected to see a box appear offering that choice, but I'm not seeing it.

I'm nearly certain this functionality was implemented in at least one of the original quests, I think it was one where at the end you can either accept 10 gold from the family, or take 10 fame instead. I can't remember which quest that was, or else I'd look at THAT one in the Quest Builder to see how it was done.

Any ideas here for anyone who might have messed around with building quests?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Schacher

Spring
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
I just tried a mock-up, and it worked for me.

One thing to try is to give the reward a group ID. The default is "---" which means "always awarded."

Try giving it a group id of "A" (there are 26 choices, A to Z). It should work with a group id.

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dean
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, that did the trick. Thanks!

I also happened across another solution, which was to insert a "blank" step immediately after the "Choose Next Step" award. Why adding in the Step #8 worked, I do not know.

But in any case, adding in the Rewards Group worked as well.

Step3

Step 8, the "Blank" Step

Step 5

Man I just spent a few hours trouble shooting another quest in which the character needed to fail the quest if he/she killed any member of a specific native group. Tricky tricky! I think I finally got it, but wow these can be a bear. Haha, people do this kind of thing for a living huh? I'd be bald in no time from pulling out my hair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Schacher

Spring
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm glad you're taking the time to learn the quest builder. There is no documentation, so looking at existing quests is the way to go. You can PM me if you have questions.

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.