Pow Wow» Forums » General

Subject: Amazon.com Reviews rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Greenman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Anyone who has played the game and is so inclined might want to go over to amazon.com and review the game. Currently, there are seven reviews of which only one was by someone who has actually played the game. The other six (four of which were posted today) merely state that they find the game offensive.

It would be nice if there were at least as many reviews from players as there are from people who are just looking for an excuse to be offended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We Playthrough
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Here you go:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/31545/pow-wow/ratings?com...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Greenman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what your post has to do with mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Naaden
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Ignis aurum probat, miseria fortes viros
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I just went to Amazon to see the price for it and saw the rating and was like, that can't be right. Upon closer inspection, it looks like one or two SWJs got wind of it! I wish I owned or played it so I could honestly rate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
gagster wrote:
Anyone who has played the game and is so inclined might want to go over to amazon.com and review the game. Currently, there are seven reviews of which only one was by someone who has actually played the game. The other six (four of which were posted today) merely state that they find the game offensive.

It would be nice if there were at least as many reviews from players as there are from people who are just looking for an excuse to be offended.

Thank you for the heads up, I own the game, and love it, and will go give it a positive review.
Honestly, if a game themed (loosely) with French culture involved berets, as a French-American, I wouldn't be offended - I am at a loss why feathers in headbands are such an issue here...
(And this is from someone who agrees the Washington Redskins should change their name - but this game is a completely different situation...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.