Hide
4 Posts

Zombie 15'» Forums » General

Subject: 3 players balance? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Popov Victor
msg tools
Hello! I have a question regarding 3-player balance. I know that in a 3 player game each of the characters gets one extra action. This means that in one round each player does 5 action, 3x5=15 actions per round. In a 4 player game each character gets 4 actions, 4x4=16 actions. It doesn't look like much .... but in those whole 15 minutes the fact that the 3 player game lacks the one action that the 4 player game has is a problem. It makes the game more difficult I think. Shouldn't one of the 3 players get 6 actions, and the other 2 5 actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you're considering that players' turns pass by more quickly in a 3 player game compared to a 4 player game. Since this is a timed game you need to consider the average number of actions taken per minute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
I agree, the fact that the difficulty of the game comes from the timing, having a slightly different number of actions per "round" doesn't mean much. What's more significant is the fewer players, which is why you need to give each player an additional action. If you didn't do this, you could end up with one player trapped by zombies, but the other players don't have enough actions to help get them free. This is actually the biggest challenge I've found trying the solo missions, without someone else to help out, once you get into a bind, there's no way out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popov Victor
msg tools
ok i understand now thank you!

shame we don't have rules for just two characters it "feels" strange to control 2 characters when playing with just two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.