Fast & Furious: Full Throttle» Forums » Variants

Subject: Official dice variant ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read a comment saying there is a variant "using dice in place of cards for the speed tests. D4-D20s ".
The comment also says that the variant is from the designers.

I would really like to know the exact rules of that variant. Anyone knows ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I promised someone at Dice Tower Con that I would post those and I have not. I spent last week in the hospital, so next week I will try to post those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Horger wrote:
I spent last week in the hospital

Oh, sorry to hear that. I hope it is not too bad.

Jeff Horger wrote:
so next week I will try to post those.

There's no hurry, take your time and take a probably well-deserved rest.

Thanks a lot for your answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
Hihihi... Stop that, I'm ticklish !
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read (not played) the dice variant you presented in the files section, and two thoughts jumped to my mind...

First one : Nitrous values are ranged from 3 to 6, so if we wish to stick with dice rolling, we could add a "2+1D4" to our speed roll.
Yes I agree : this seems to be the same (except if 3 to 6 values on cards aren't equally distributed), this is uniquely for the pleasure of rolling some more dice together.

Second one : This one's brings a change in damage & control : instead of assuming all low values are doomed (which is not the case with the cards), why not having a specifically colored die in each gear from 4 to 6 that will always have to be part of the rolled dice, and which will be the damaging one. If you choose its value you're getting a damage marker, and if you don't you're not.
I'm not sayng this is more like the cards since it brings a much higher risk, but I would have to try this to see if it's too high...
And there's the case of the one die roll (only 1 gear card played). We could choose only to have to roll it as the second die, but sometimes we could wish for it since it is a speed bonus after all. Or picking a die at random. Or simply player's choice...

Thank you,

Thomas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.