Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played our first water frame game with two player.

And we quickly realized that you can use your broker tiles to get two shares half price and next cycle you can pick it up again by using the action that lets you take extra action. Just because the turn order changes in the two player game. So this way one player can always hold onto the broker tile and buy lots of shares at half the cost. I'm not sure if we played this wrong but it seems quite strong in the two player game specially in the later round where share price is quite high.

I am just not sure if we played this wrong? Is there any restriction in picking up the used tile immideately after like charisma tile?

Has anyone encountered this? Just not sure if we missed something here.

Great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Lampe
Germany
Mettingen
NRW
flag msg tools
VFL Borussia Mönchengladbach 1900
badge
Günter Netzer FUSSBALLGOTT!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is actually possible, you only have to play tiles with the "take tile" as the second action. That does not work the whole game I think. But two times in a row is even possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I think it was. Couldn't find anything to say no. So is broker tile too strong in two player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Lampe
Germany
Mettingen
NRW
flag msg tools
VFL Borussia Mönchengladbach 1900
badge
Günter Netzer FUSSBALLGOTT!
mbmbmbmbmb
shingoi wrote:
Yes I think it was. Couldn't find anything to say no. So is broker tile too strong in two player game?

Let us say, it is a bit stronger. In our Last two player game the Broker changes back and forth, until someone holds him until the end, to use him as the last action in the very last decade. To make a Bank action at the end of any decade is strong, too!
To find the right point to hold him was a hard decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.