Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LEGION OF STYX

Faction Ability

Pierce the Veil (ongoing): During the Gather Power phase, if a captured Cultist would be sacrificed for Power, you may gain an Elder Sign instead.

Starting Location: Arabia

Units

Supplicant: 6 units, cost 1, combat 0

Tormentor:
3 units, cost 2, combat 1

Scaris, the Reaver: 1 unit, cost 4, combat 2
Summoning: Scaris, the Reaver must be summoned by a Cultist on a controlled Gate. That Cultist must be replaced by Scaris, the Reaver.
Gate Phasing (action): Pay 1 Power. When on a gate, Scaris, the Reaver can teleport to any location with another Gate.

Demonlord of Styx: 1 unit, cost 10, combat 1.
Summoning: Demonlord of Styx must be summoned on a controlled Gate.
One above All: During combat, Demonlord's of Styx combat rating is equal the total dice pool to be rolled by the opponent plus 1.
Lord of Hell (ongoing): Whenever a pain or kill would be assigned to Demonlord of Styx, you may give 1 Elder Sign to the opponent to prevent the assignment.

Spellbook Requirements:
-Awaken Scaris, the Reaver
-Awaken Demonlord of Styx
-Have 4 Elder Signs
-Have 6 Elder Signs
-Have Scaris, the Reaver capture a cultist
-Have Demonlord of Styx Kill or Pain a Great Old One

Spellbooks:

1- Dark Ceremony (action) While any player still have Power, you may sacrifice a Cultist. If you do you may reduce a non-cultist unit cost by 2. You may perform another action to summon a non-cultist unit.

2- Blasphemous Resurrection (ongoing) Whenever a Cultist you control is sacrificed by using Dark Ceremony, you may place an unused Supplicant from your monster pool in the same location.

3- Siphon Power (ongoing) Whenever a Supplicant is sharing spaces with a Gate, that Gate produce -1 Power during the Gather Power phase, even if unoccupied. You gain that much Power.

4- Collector of Souls (ongoing)
Whenever a battle occurs in the same or adjacent space of Scaris, the Reaver, you may gain 1 Elder Sign if any unit was killed.

5- Fiendish Blood (ongoing)
Your cultists may capture enemy cultists.

6- Hellish Invocation (pre-battle)

On a Combat involving one or more Supplicants or Tormentors, even if they are removed due to pre-battle effects, you may pay 1 Power to place Demonlord of Styx on the same place.

Here are the faction sheet and spellbooks. I thank David Dierks aka Mallachain for the work done, and also Dethrone Games for leting me use images for this non-profitable endeaveur. The miniatures used in this variant can be found on Darkness Sabotage Board Game at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dezoku/darkness-sabotag....

Spoiler (click to reveal)

The minis
Spoiler (click to reveal)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Legion of Styx
My comments:

Faction ability: My main problem with this is that it only directly applies to the faction and is only useful with their spellbooks. What does Sleeper gain when doing Ancient Sorcery? I feel like this should be switched with your spellbook Pierce the Veil.

Dark Ceremony: I would this spellbook so that it is only the cost reduction and not the gaining of power.

Blasphemous Resurrection is a blatant rip off of Cannibalism.

Collector of Souls: This ability is really really good in certain places on certain maps. For instance if you just hole up in the atlantic ocean on earth with a few reavers people just hand over elder signs essentially. This ability is super powerful and blaringly OP.

Overall your faction has no way of getting extra power. The sacrificing thing doesn't really work because it's kind of like a lethargy. You don't really want to sacrifice enemy cultists for power as you'd rather get elder signs.

Syphon power doesn't give you power either and is just a griefing tool against other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
linkthestink wrote:
My comments:

Faction ability: My main problem with this is that it only directly applies to the faction and is only useful with their spellbooks. What does Sleeper gain when doing Ancient Sorcery? I feel like this should be switched with your spellbook Pierce the Veil.
Ok to me.

linkthestink wrote:
Dark Ceremony: I would this spellbook so that it is only the cost reduction and not the gaining of power.
Ok to me.

linkthestink wrote:
Blasphemous Resurrection is a blatant rip off of Cannibalism.
Yes it is

linkthestink wrote:
Collector of Souls: This ability is really really good in certain places on certain maps. For instance if you just hole up in the atlantic ocean on earth with a few reavers people just hand over elder signs essentially. This ability is super powerful and blaringly OP.
In fact there is only 1 Reaver in the faction. Have you seen that? Maybe it is not that OP. It also depends on battles with kills.

linkthestink wrote:
Overall your faction has no way of getting extra power. The sacrificing thing doesn't really work because it's kind of like a lethargy. You don't really want to sacrifice enemy cultists for power as you'd rather get elder signs.

Syphon power doesn't give you power either and is just a griefing tool against other players.
I can alter Syphon Power so the faction gains the power instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Link, I altered the spellbooks as you suggested (mostly).

Blasphemous Resurrection only works with faction's cultist.

Syphon Power now gives Power to the faction.

Dark Cerimony do not produce power.

I managed to free 1 space for a spellbook, so I designed Fiendish Blood, that enables a cultist to capture other cultists (I do not remember this being part of another faction).

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Turned the Reaver into a GOO. Also added summoning prerequisites.

The reason behind these changes are related to how easy/hard is to fullfill requirements. Elder signs are the only way to gain spellbooks and this faction has 3 ways to do so:
- Pierce the Veil (sacrificing captured cultists for ES)
- Collector of Souls (positioning Scaris, the Reaver, so when combat happens and if there is a kill, the faction earns 1 ES)
- Ritualling (may gain 0-2 ES due to 2 GOOs)

As it is, the faction is as heavy ES related as the Yellow Sign. However it lacks the overall firepower of ther factions, as the main weapon is their GOO Demonlord of Styx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished the faction. Credits were given to those who were due.

I hope you enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do go over the material one last time and fix the spelling. It makes my eyes bleed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Urhixidur wrote:
Do go over the material one last time and fix the spelling. It makes my eyes bleed.

Will double check.

EDITED: Considering I am a non-native English speaker, typing on a cellphone, I just got 4 errors (Suplicants > Supplicants, Ressurrection > Resurrection, Syphon > Siphon and Cerimony > Ceremony)

All errors were corrected. I am just waiting for the faction sheet and spellbooks to be updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Gilbert
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks interesting. I like the overall theme, seems interesting and appropriately thematic for the faction. Should fix the spelling errors on the graphics at least(Ceremony, resurrection, etc).

Also my 2 cents. I would change one of the spellbook requirements involving elder signs to something involving capturing cultists. Maybe capture 2 cultists in one turn or capture a cultist with Scaris. Would add more variety and still fits with the overall gameplay.

Also added to the variant list here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nbdyman wrote:
Looks interesting. I like the overall theme, seems interesting and appropriately thematic for the faction. Should fix the spelling errors on the graphics at least(Ceremony, resurrection, etc).

Also my 2 cents. I would change one of the spellbook requirements involving elder signs to something involving capturing cultists. Maybe capture 2 cultists in one turn or capture a cultist with Scaris. Would add more variety and still fits with the overall gameplay.

Also added to the variant list here.

Thanks for the input. I already thought about changing one of the requirements, to put Scaris to good use, but I fear making something too powerful (although fits the theme)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All fixed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nbdyman wrote:

J Gilbert, I did as you said. Decided to remove Have 2 Elder Signs and added Have Scaris, the Reaver capture a cultist.

I also altered Sacris' summoning requisite, so he must be summoned on a controlled gate. My simulations indicated that otherwise the faction would be way behind the scale if done as previously stated.

Last but not least, Hellish Invocation now works with both Supplicants and Tormentors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Gilbert
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the changes, especially making Hellish invocation more useful. This is definitely going on my list of variants I want to try out once I'm done moving and actually have a table to play on again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nbdyman wrote:
I like the changes, especially making Hellish invocation more useful. This is definitely going on my list of variants I want to try out once I'm done moving and actually have a table to play on again.

Thanks!

Have you seen the minis on Khang XPAC (Darkness Sabotage)? They are 1 150mm and 10 "regular" minis, for only $35! They are extremely well made.

I am also happy with this faction. I would like to see other's comments here as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.