Osmanli Harbi The Ottoman Fronts: 1914 to 1918» Forums » General

Subject: First and Second Editions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Just want to know if there are any differences between the first and second editions of this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
FWIW: I believe that the first edition (of at least some of the games in the series) had worse die-cutting in the counters, with side nubs instead of (more easily clipped) corner nubs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Hilton
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure what constitutes a 1st vs a 2nd edition of this game. But I just purchased a few of the titles in this series, including Osmanli Harbi, and the copyright date of the OH game I purchased is 2008, compared to 2012 for the other titles. The OH game has 4th edition general rules, while the other games have the Sterling Edition. I have noticed some difference in the Supply Point Expenditure rules for some nationalities in the 2008 OH game vs the 2012 other games in the series, so I suspect that the 2012 OH version also differs from the 2008 version in at least this regard, maybe in other ways too.

I am wondering whether it is possible to somehow get a list of all the changes made from the 2008 to the 2012 edition of OH. I didn't see anything offered directly on the manufacturer's website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.