Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikael Svensson
Sweden
Helsingborg
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. Have some questions about Kung Fu.

1. Can I use Long Wei Fu to play a Raking Dragons and Combo into Zhus Ferocity, that combos into another Raking Dragons, and another to Zhus Ferocity, and finally yet another Raking Dragons? That would max out his Kung Fu 4.

2. Can I after the above play, when opp has played his action, continue to play f.x. Jade Rabbit kung fu techniques and combo another 4 times?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Meyer
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, on both accounts. As long as you have the cards available to play it and if the combo requirements are met.

The dude can continue to play techniques as long as you have the cards =)

Hopefully that answers the your questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
Just remember that any cards you combo from your discard pile don't go back into your discard pile until after the shootout. So you'd have to have a whole lot of techniques in your discard/hand to pull that off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Demento
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I thought shootout Taos go to the discard pile after the 'making plays' step just before the shooter is picked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Svensson
Sweden
Helsingborg
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it does, thank you.

Oh, one other thing - when the rules say 'different technique', is that the same as in not possible to play two Raking Dragons in a row?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Svensson
Sweden
Helsingborg
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, they stay in play until after the shootout, I belive - just as techniques played during Noon stays out of the discard pile until the end of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin B.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mb
Mixx wrote:
Nope, they stay in play until after the shootout, I belive - just as techniques played during Noon stays out of the discard pile until the end of the turn.

Is that a change? Last time I checked the rule book: " A Shootout Tao Technique would be discarded at the end of the "Make Plays" step of the shootout, immediately before either player picks their shooter. A Noon Tao Technique is discarded at the end of High Noon, immediately before you check for a winner."

This is incredibly important, since the technique values are often part of your draw structure and thus you really want them cycled back into the discard prior to reshuffling for draw hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.