Catacombs (third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Should I buy this?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pedro tronic
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have first edition with all the expansions and I like it... Should I buy this or there is no enough differences to make the jump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
I just traded my original with all expansions away. I'd owned both for a while, but the newer edition is different enough and is played more often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Another selling point: expansions are still being made for the new version. You won't see support for the earlier editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
I did the same, I sold my original set off as I found that the new edition completely replaced the previous one. If you're a fan of the older art and don't care either way for the new art, it may be a pretty hard choice if you still enjoy the original.

There is definitely more Hero variety in the new edition (even without chasing down the kickstarter material). And there is the other fact that they are making expansions as doctor poo notes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.