The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Mayor - Pulls strings from below (Redemption) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
The Mayor - Pulls strings from below (Redemption)

A weak 3/3 Monster. But is the only Apocalypse deck monster that can respawn. This monster should be in the core game box, he looks awesome.

Has a unique ability which I wasn't quite sure how powerful it is...

Ability: When the Mayor enters a District, the Sins player may place him atop a City action icon, blocking it.

Q: So now I had to figure out is this blocking all the actions or only one?

From the manual:
1: "Each District Space shows a bar of City Actions with different icons. These are special boosts each District may offer a Hero once per Round (see City Actions on page 15)."
2: "To perform the City Actions, the Hero takes his City Action token and places it in the City Action slot"
3: "Placing the City Action token on the District’s City Action slot activates all of that District’s visible City Actions."

So in conclusion I believe he only blocks one of the City's actions. I answered my question but felt this may help someone else save some time.

So not a very powerful ability, Nun acolytes can do this, although action may be already used when Nun joins Fight.

If they used the Nun's wording it would have been clearer "one of the City actions in that District".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clubb
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not say not that powerful of an ability,IMHO. I think it would be about positioning him correctly and using his ability to cancel the right city action at the right time.

I am a bit jealous of you Aussies as all the info and plays are making us Yanks chomp more at the bit to get the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Definitely with the right timing you could pull off an epic denial.

Previous game I had a big stack of monsters on a district. But the district had a Repent city action on it. A max corruption hero could reduce himself to 6 corruption prior to starting a fight. Silly me. In this situation the Mayor would have been amazing if I had him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.