Subject: Rise of the Hell Club rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Rise of the Hell Club

I'm not quite sure how the re-summoning of the Hell Club members works in this Story. And confused about Mission 3 wording.

Manual: "If these monsters are killed, their figure and Apocalypse card are permanently removed from the game."

Special rule: "Summon from Hell club deck." Well this would be satisfied in 2 rounds (You can summon 3/4 per round) and there would be no more deck cards remaining. As such what is point of Mission 3: "Summon any remaining Hell Club members." There would never be any remaining.

Mission 3: "They can't be summoned again once killed." Well this is the normal course of action. Where did you say that this rule has changed prior?

This Story feels like it could go quite a few rounds. Apocalypse track may progress slowly. May take some time to complete mission 1.

So which answer is it?:

1) Cannot resummon at end of round in missions 1 and 2.
Summon remaining cards at start of mission 3 (wtf as if any cards remain).
Mission 3 may already be partly completed.

2) Cannot resummon at end of round in missions 1 and 2.
Resummon any members not on the board at start of mission 3.

3) Can resummon at end of rounds in missions 1 and 2. Killed member's cards are returned to the bottom of the deck.
Resummon remaining cards at start of mission 3.

Came to another realisation after writing all that. Maybe I can't always summon 3/4, maybe I can only summon 1 member for each dead monster (acolyte/abom/cont/avatar/hellclub). But that could still be 3/4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Seems to me the semi-obvious read is that dead Hell Club members return to the Hell Club deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Yes I think so too. I'm inclined to go with #3. They just must have forgot to mention what to do with dead Hell Club members cards. This way all current text makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
Maybe the assumption is that the hell club figures are not considered "monsters"? I don't have the game, so can't look it up in the rules, but that would make things work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Boden
msg tools
I see it as your number 1 option, but the added line in mission three does seem unneeded. I would guess based on a perfect player round they could get to the third task by end of the first round.

1st player takes 1 wound from story effect then runs between monsters and fire spaces taking wounds. Theyre lucky if die on their first turn, unlucky if they don't on their second turn.
The other players search for an innocent on turn one then once 1st player dies completing task one return to base and complete 2nd task. Which summons all 5 hell club members straight away starting task 3.

So my thoughts is it's there for a turn 1 effect but it does bug me too with the wording.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
California
flag msg tools
I would say option 3. Rulebook clearly states that tasks can only count for the current mission. If the Hell Club members have already been destroyed before Mission 3 and you aren't able to re-summon them, then there's no way that the heroes can possibly complete the mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So how many hell club monster can sin player summon at the end of the round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
whipko wrote:

1 for each dead monster. Move monsters who are substituted by a Hell Club member to their own pile so you don't count them next round.

OR

Just summon 3/4 each round which will get intense fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Ferrullo
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what exactly is the Hell Club deck for this scenario that is used for what stats/abilities each one has?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atul Deshpande
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Warlock00 wrote:
whipko wrote:

1 for each dead monster. Move monsters who are substituted by a Hell Club member to their own pile so you don't count them next round.

OR

Just summon 3/4 each round which will get intense fast.

Should it not be limited by number of hero characters on board like other missions as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official answer here

Hell Club members may be re-summoned over and over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.