$5.00
$30.00
$15.00
$20.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Kemet» Forums » Rules

Subject: Defensive / Offensive Strategy Power Tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claus Bornich
msg tools
mb
"Take back your discarded battle cards.Replace one of them with the special +3 Strength / 3 Protection."

Is this a one time action, i.e. you can only take back discarded cards once and the card replaced is not used for the rest of the game? And must you do this immediately on power purchase, or can you buy it and then use the power at any time after that?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to the first question. We always play that you do it when you buy the tile, but I hadn't really thought of reserving the option.
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clausbo wrote:
"Take back your discarded battle cards.Replace one of them with the special +3 Strength / 3 Protection."

Is this a one time action, i.e. you can only take back discarded cards once and the card replaced is not used for the rest of the game? And must you do this immediately on power purchase, or can you buy it and then use the power at any time after that?


The power of the tile has to be applied immediately when you buy it.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Bornich
msg tools
mb
Thanks to both of you for clearing this up.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi I have some related questions.
As a reminder:
"Offensive Strategy:
Take back your discarded battle cards.
Replace one of them with the special +3 Strength / 3 Damage."
The Defensive strategy tile is similarly worded.

Q1. The first sentence, obviously gives advantage of taking back all battle cards at time of purchase.
- But is it also a precondition to purchasing the power tile?
Ie if someone has not yet had a battle, hence has no discards yet, hence cannot follow this instruction.
- We played it as being a precondition, since clearly they are both powerful tiles. And it adds to tension of first to get either.
- But would be great to have official clarification.

Q2. The second sentence - does this place a limitation that the card that is being permanently replaced (by the +3/+3 card) has to be from those discarded cards that were picked back up (could be just 2 if only had 1 battle)?
- Again that's what the wording seems to indicate, so we played it that way.

Q3. The tile has a day phase icon on it, which the rules state means "Phase where the power is active" (emphasis mine).
- so does that mean every day phase, these 2 power tiles become "active", thus allowing the owner to pick all their discarded cards again (ie all 6 in hand every day phase??!!)
- this seemed WAY too overpowered to us. That player will have access to strongest cards in every battle (including the 4 strength card)
- but would appreciate clarification, and what the day phase symbol indictates.

Many thanks, Sal
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Pillow
United Kingdom
Worcester
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zalman wrote:
Hi I have some related questions.
As a reminder:
"Offensive Strategy:
Take back your discarded battle cards.
Replace one of them with the special +3 Strength / 3 Damage."
The Defensive strategy tile is similarly worded.

Q1. The first sentence, obviously gives advantage of taking back all battle cards at time of purchase.
- But is it also a precondition to purchasing the power tile?
Ie if someone has not yet had a battle, hence has no discards yet, hence cannot follow this instruction.
- We played it as being a precondition, since clearly they are both powerful tiles. And it adds to tension of first to get either.
- But would be great to have official clarification.

Q2. The second sentence - does this place a limitation that the card that is being permanently replaced (by the +3/+3 card) has to be from those discarded cards that were picked back up (could be just 2 if only had 1 battle)?
- Again that's what the wording seems to indicate, so we played it that way.

Q3. The tile has a day phase icon on it, which the rules state means "Phase where the power is active" (emphasis mine).
- so does that mean every day phase, these 2 power tiles become "active", thus allowing the owner to pick all their discarded cards again (ie all 6 in hand every day phase??!!)
- this seemed WAY too overpowered to us. That player will have access to strongest cards in every battle (including the 4 strength card)
- but would appreciate clarification, and what the day phase symbol indictates.

Many thanks, Sal


Q1) No, you do not need to have discarded battle cards to buy Offensive strategy/ defensive strategy. You take back your discarded battle cards, and if you have no discarded battle cards, you have none to return.

Q2)You are supposed to replace one of your battle cards with the new card, but you have a full choice of all of your current battle cards.

Q3) As the rules say:
Quote:
The Power effects are immediate. However, some Powers will take effect only at certain times during the game (Example: Battle Powers, Priests, or powers which resolve during the Night phase).


If you think about it, otherwise the 1 victory point power tiles would be overpowered as each turn you gain a victory point. Which as we all know isn't the case.
1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pillinjer wrote:

Q1) No, you do not need to have discarded battle cards to buy Offensive strategy/ defensive strategy. You take back your discarded battle cards, and if you have no discarded battle cards, you have none to return.

Q2)You are supposed to replace one of your battle cards with the new card, but you have a full choice of all of your current battle cards.

Q3) As the rules say:
Quote:
The Power effects are immediate. However, some Powers will take effect only at certain times during the game (Example: Battle Powers, Priests, or powers which resolve during the Night phase).


If you think about it, otherwise the 1 victory point power tiles would be overpowered as each turn you gain a victory point. Which as we all know isn't the case.


Cheers, have a GG! meeple

Your answers have also been kindly confirmed by Matagot:

matagot_contact wrote:

Q1: No this not a precondition. You do indeed take all you cards back in your hand, and then choose one that you put back in the box and add the new card to your hand.

This also answers Q2: you can replace any of your battle cards.

Q3: this power only applies once, when you buy it.

I hope this helps.
Kinds regards,
Fabien
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.