Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Massive Darkness» Forums » General

Subject: Will this be at Gen con to demo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I pledged at a dollar and am still on the fence. Hoping we can get some early impressions or another video before its time to decide.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they confirmed that they will demo it at GenCon.

Read this article http://cmon.com/#/news/cmon-at-gen-con-2016

*Second to last paragraph
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So... anyone play it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched it played at CMON Expo back in May because too many people wanted to play it so I couldn't get in on it. It looked pretty great. The only thing is that I don't think you would want to play with new people often. I think it would be better for a gaming group that gets together often.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
daviddoughty83 wrote:
I believe they confirmed that they will demo it at GenCon.

Read this article http://cmon.com/#/news/cmon-at-gen-con-2016

*Second to last paragraph

Unfortunately, and much to my sadness, Massive Darkness was not available for demo at Gen Con 2016. (Nor was AQ:I) I got to see the minis for both of them but there was no game play whatsoever and I asked several of the CMON guys directly in both the exhibit hall and the play hall. I was quite disappointed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcking wrote:
daviddoughty83 wrote:
I believe they confirmed that they will demo it at GenCon.

Read this article http://cmon.com/#/news/cmon-at-gen-con-2016

*Second to last paragraph

Unfortunately, and much to my sadness, Massive Darkness was not available for demo at Gen Con 2016. (Nor was AQ:I) I got to see the minis for both of them but there was no game play whatsoever and I asked several of the CMON guys directly in both the exhibit hall and the play hall. I was quite disappointed.


Wow...that is disappointing. I'm sorry that I got anyone's hopes up
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
daviddoughty83 wrote:
Wow...that is disappointing. I'm sorry that I got anyone's hopes up

Yeah, I pressed the guys I talked to and asked them why no demos? They said the protos they have of each of those games are not play test/demo worthy for public consumption. It was better to not demo it than present something far inferior.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcking wrote:
They said the protos they have of each of those games are not play test/demo worthy for public consumption. It was better to not demo it than present something far inferior.


Yet above there's a comment above pointing out that they were demoing to a mob at the CMON Expo back in May?

Now that has me worried and thinking that the feedback from that was less than stellar.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
They talked about demo-ing it in the press release in May. They said they might get some games going, but even then it was pretty unpolished. They didn't have any of the bigger roaming monsters on display and it looked like they were missing several mob types as well. They weren't even decided if they would have hero dashboards yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.