Hide
10 Posts

Risk Europe» Forums » General

Subject: Canadian Availability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Solitary Solidarity
msg tools
Any idea when and where this will be available in Canada?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rosenberg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not, but I actually stumbled on it in a Target a few days ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking to buy both this and Ghost Fightin Treasure Hunters but can't find either of them in Canada. Debating just paying the extra money and ordering them on Amazon.com.

It would be nice if they were at least listed on Amazon.ca for us to buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lamarrs Anomaly
Canada
flag msg tools
Any luck finding Risk: Europe in Canada? It's on Amazon.ca for $110+ which is too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted Hasbro just to see what they'd say. I got this response but it doesn't really tell you anything:

Quote:

Hasbro products are carried by Toys R Us (or online at www.toysrus.ca), Amazon (www.amazon.ca?tag=article-geekdo-20) as well as visiting your local Canadian Tire, Sears and Walmart. Additionally, many Hasbro products can also be purchased online at www.hasbrotoyshop.com.

Please keep in mind that depending on time of year, retailer distribution systems, store inventory and sales patterns, it may take from several weeks up to several months after the availability dates given for some products to show up on store shelves.

I have replied and will update if they give me something more useful.

Edit: What the hell, shot an email to Toysrus Canada as well. Will update if I hear from either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also contacted Boardgamebliss about ordering this which is why they created a link on their store as they initially thought they could get it for me. I asked for an update recently though and he was no longer sure if he could get it (which is why I contacted Hasbro to find out what is going on).

Stores did take a while to get Risk Star Wars out here after the US had it so I am trying to be patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Relph
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No Canadian availability. I have access to Hasbro Canada's ordering system and it is not listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hasbro got back to me and said it was available but I don't trust the answer and suspect it was just a stock reply. May have to just import it but that will be about 75 to 80 Canadian which is excessive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Broke down and ordered it on Amazon US. Came to about 72 Canadian with exchange from the one 3rd party seller (ETEB). I figure if they release it in Canada it will probably be about $60 Canadian plus tax anyway so for the sake of about $5 why wait indefinitely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
bholmes4 wrote:
I also contacted Boardgamebliss about ordering this which is why they created a link on their store as they initially thought they could get it for me. I asked for an update recently though and he was no longer sure if he could get it (which is why I contacted Hasbro to find out what is going on).

Ooh, thanks for this update--I was thinking about asking them about it but thought I'd just wait it out Looks like I'm going to buy from an American store, ship it to my brother and wait until I see him in the new year.

Washtali wrote:
No Canadian availability. I have access to Hasbro Canada's ordering system and it is not listed.

This is so very odd...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.