flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Players:
* 1. Montag451
* 2. magnitt
* 4. CrazyRich428

Pace:
* Fast (Be able to take multiple turns a day)

Main Variant:
* Base game + survival rules?

Player cards:
* All, draw 3, pick 1. ALL 6 HEALTH CHARACTERS ARE BANNED. Discard and draw again.

Market Decks:
* All, minus Sands.

Pertinent Links/Information:
* Basic House Rules.
* Script commands can be found here.
* Runebound rules can be found here.

Survival Rules:

Rations
Each player begins with 3 ration tokens (swamp tokens using the command: "token add swamp"). You may hold a maximum of 4 rations, +1 for each Ally (max 6). For 2g, a player may buy 3 rations in any town.

Hunger
At the end of your turn, discard 1 ration token or your Hero (not Allies) suffers 1 fatigue and 1 wound. If you end your turn in town, you do not eat a ration. If you die from hunger and have 0 rations, you receive 2 rations on your next turn.

Foraging
Once per turn, at any point during the Movement Step, a Hero in a forest or swamp space may test Spot or Lore (15) to forage for food. If successful, the player receives 2 rations (respecting limits).

Wild Monsters
If you end your movement in a non-town space without an adventure counter, you must face a wild monster. Draw adventure cards based on the chart below until you draw a Challenge. Resolve the Challenge. Combat follows all of the normal rules, and if you defeat the Challenge, you receive the listed rewards and half of the normal experience (rounded down).

(Hero level is 1 + the number of experience counters purchased)
Hero Level Adventure Level
1-2 Green
3-4 Yellow
5-6 Blue
7+ Red

Weather
There are 4 weather conditions that can take affect during the game: Rain, Clear, Storms, and Fog. The game begins with randomly determined weather. At the beginning of the game, and each time an event card is drawn during the Adventure Step, roll a 10-sided die to determine the change in weather.

Result Weather Effect
1-3 Clear None.

4-6 Rain Flood. Players may not enter river or swamp spaces. A Hero in a river or swamp space when a flood takes place suffers 1 fatigue. Skill tests for Foraging are (16) during Rain.

7-8 Storms Dangerous Travel. Each time a Hero enters a mountain or hill space, that Hero and each Ally takes 1 fatigue. If a Hero ends their movement in a mountain or hill space, they must test Endure (16), and if they fail, they suffer 1 wound. Skill tests for Foraging are (18) during Storms.

9-10 Fog Obscurity. Players may move a maximum of 3 spaces during the Movement Step, regardless of Items, abilities, or number of movement dice rolled.

If you have any questions about the survival rules, feel free to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikhail Kruzhkov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like fun, I'm looking forward to try this.

I also want to clarify a couple of things:

1) If you don't have any money or rations, your only chance to avoid hunger is to forage?
3) If you hero doesn't have Spot or Lore, you can forage using your raw Mind or Spirit values?
2) Teleporting also does not work during fog?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
magnitt wrote:

1) If you don't have any money or rations, your only chance to avoid hunger is to forage?

Correct. Forests are the best bet since Rain can block swamp spaces.

magnitt wrote:
3) If you hero doesn't have Spot or Lore, you can forage using your raw Mind or Spirit values?

Yes, it's a normal skill test.

magnitt wrote:
2) Teleporting also does not work during fog?

Teleporting I'll let work because it isn't actual movement.

I think I'll add a couple things:

1. If you end your turn in town, you do not eat a ration.

2. If you die from hunger and have 0 rations, you receive 2 rations on your next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferry Van der schans
Netherlands
Ridderkerk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thx for the spot. But I will bow out. I will pass. My vacation started. I cannot garantee multi-post per day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M4stermage wrote:
Thx for the spot. But I will bow out. I will pass. My vacation started. I cannot garantee multi-post per day.

No problem. If these rules work out, you might have a chance to play them another time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Plymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

Just a notification I'll be travelling for vaca from Sunday-Thursday. I'll do my best to stay current but may break the pace of this fast game during this period.

Feel free to swap me for another that wants to play if you want to make sure the start is the cadence you want!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if two of you are going on vacation, maybe we'll just wait to start until you're both back. Rich is sun-thur, when do you get back, Ferry?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Plymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Survival rules sound awesome! One suggestion I have is that your rations are increased to 2 even if you die with 1 (rather than 0) as it's slightly disadvantageous to die with one left instead of none.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferry Van der schans
Netherlands
Ridderkerk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
Well, if two of you are going on vacation, maybe we'll just wait to start until you're both back. Rich is sun-thur, when do you get back, Ferry?

I am 3 weeks on leave from my work. I am staying home with wife and kids. So I can be online. But I will also be doing stuff with the family outside the house, amusementparks and such. It is not very nice to my wife and kids to be on my computer or phone all the time. So that is what I meant with not being able to garantee multi-post per day. I will not be on the forum when I'm out having a good time with the wife and kids

the survival rules seem very nice. I would like to play the game. But if I play, I could be slowing the game-flow down. If this is no problem, I would like to play.

choice is yours. thumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Plymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Back from vacation and ready to go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we'll go with a normal pace game. With 4, it'd be hard to get multiple turns in one day anyway, and I'm going to busier this weekend, so I would have to wait for a fast game. I'll get the game setup tonight and we'll continue with normal pace with all 4 of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A little later than I intended, but game is up. Everyone starts with 3 rations (swamp tokens) in addition to the normal stuff. The first post below the script is reserved for the current weather and the weather table, be sure to check it often, and don't forget to roll for weather when an event is drawn. I'll update the current weather as often as I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikhail Kruzhkov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm.. Something is not working as it should, the script says I'm not a valid player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
magnitt wrote:
Hm.. Something is not working as it should, the script says I'm not a valid player

Try it now.

See, for some reason, Apple is new to this whole "computer" thing, so sometimes when you copy/paste stuff on a Mac, a bunch of unnecessary hidden characters get added to what you paste. These hidden characters can still be read by the computer, which means what you copied is no longer what you pasted. Some day they might figure out how to compute information though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Plymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And maybe even use Flash someday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrazyRich428 wrote:
And maybe even use Flash someday!

Whoa, let's not get crazy. Apple's still converting the world to HTML5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikhail Kruzhkov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M4stermage wrote:
Ranged - Hero attack: 1d10 + 1d10 = 10
*success, deal 1 damage. [2/3]
Ability kicks in: challenge has 1 hp left, defeated.

Ferry, for future reference I think you should remember that your ability works only after you make a successful melee or magic attack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferry Van der schans
Netherlands
Ridderkerk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
magnitt wrote:
M4stermage wrote:
Ranged - Hero attack: 1d10 + 1d10 = 10
*success, deal 1 damage. [2/3]
Ability kicks in: challenge has 1 hp left, defeated.

Ferry, for future reference I think you should remember that your ability works only after you make a successful melee or magic attack

Oh right!
I will make 2 more phases then. I need to be honest in my games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferry Van der schans
Netherlands
Ridderkerk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fixed it. Only took me 3 wounds to fix.
Thanks Mikhail for noticing and pointing me to my error. It won't happen again. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of some possible tweaks to the rules, does anyone mind if we change things on the fly, or would you rather keep the rules as-is for this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikhail Kruzhkov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas, I don't mind making changes on the fly as it is a testing game anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Plymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm cool with tweaks on the fly as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, due to the low income at the start of the game (some greens don't even offer gold rewards), and the unavoidable early wounds, players will begin with 4 rations instead of 3. Everyone may take a free ration.

I may also change the weather a bit, but we'll see how it goes for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikhail Kruzhkov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferry, I got some bad news for you, which actually is a good news when you think about it.

Quote:
Skill tests for Foraging are (18) during Storms

Which means that you didn't find any food and died from hunger. But this actually means that you are moved to the closest city fully healed and get some free rations too! And only lose 1 gold for it!

How I envy you! When I die (and I will die soon, I'm afraid) I will lose my cool weapon soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferry Van der schans
Netherlands
Ridderkerk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
magnitt wrote:
Ferry, I got some bad news for you, which actually is a good news when you think about it.

Quote:
Skill tests for Foraging are (18) during Storms

Which means that you didn't find any food and died from hunger. But this actually means that you are moved to the closest city fully healed and get some free rations too! And only lose 1 gold for it!

How I envy you! When I die (and I will die soon, I'm afraid) I will lose my cool weapon soblue

oh darn. well I will fix that. thanks for mentioning. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.