$30.00
$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: Resin Starbase tokens available with game at Gencon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope they make them available to Gencant'ers later.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirk Agathon wrote:
Hope they make them available to Gencant'ers later.


me too, if you play more than 3 players you will need more tokens
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you already need more of them, they only give out 1 of each but you need 3 of each per faction
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
you already need more of them, they only give out 1 of each but you need 3 of each per faction


they are giving them away? its like a promo then, little chance to be sold later. you would have to pay a fortune to get enough for a 5 player game. oh well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind this is for people buying the game at GenCon for full MSRP. So you can pay full price and get the tokens, or get a good discount from an OLGS. Since they've made the models, you'll likely see them for sale later.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
Keep in mind this is for people buying the game at GenCon for full MSRP. So you can pay full price and get the tokens, or get a good discount from an OLGS. Since they've made the models, you'll likely see them for sale later.


Or they'll appear on eBay for ridiculous price gouging...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't say "or," but rather "first."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Wow, I just noticed that in one of the old Man Battlestations photos, you can see one of the space stations!

I have studied these a number of times and missed this every time!
So, these have been panned for a while, which does make them look more like they will be sold at retail at some point.

http://www.manbattlestations.com/blog/2016/04/05/star-trek-a...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
TravelSized wrote:
Keep in mind this is for people buying the game at GenCon for full MSRP. So you can pay full price and get the tokens, or get a good discount from an OLGS. Since they've made the models, you'll likely see them for sale later.


Or they'll appear on eBay for ridiculous price gouging...


They will possibly go for ridiculous prices, however that is NOT price gouging. When person A buys a completely non-necessary item from person B at a mutually agreeable price then that's just called basic economics, not price gouging.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
tommygunn2011 wrote:
TravelSized wrote:
Keep in mind this is for people buying the game at GenCon for full MSRP. So you can pay full price and get the tokens, or get a good discount from an OLGS. Since they've made the models, you'll likely see them for sale later.


Or they'll appear on eBay for ridiculous price gouging...


They will possibly go for ridiculous prices, however that is NOT price gouging. When person A buys a completely non-necessary item from person B at a mutually agreeable price then that's just called basic economics, not price gouging.


well said
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stacy
United States
Aledo
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If something is worth say $5 and you sell it for $15 or $20, that is economics. If its $5 and you sell it for $50, that is price gouging.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stacysensei wrote:
If something is worth say $5 and you sell it for $15 or $20, that is economics. If its $5 and you sell it for $50, that is price gouging.


How about $49? $39? $23? Wondering what the cutoff is so I can be a good person and follow the (your) rules.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the cutoff is whatever price can still be considered fair.

its not because a person pays a certain unfair price that he actually agrees to the price, its most likely his only option.

unfair prices ruin the economy in the long run and its rarely limited to unnecessary items.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Stacysensei wrote:
If something is worth say $5 and you sell it for $15 or $20, that is economics. If its $5 and you sell it for $50, that is price gouging.

Wouldn't the value of an item that has no MSRP and is limited in quantity be "worth" whatever someone's willing to pay for it?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stacysensei wrote:
If something is worth say $5 and you sell it for $15 or $20, that is economics. If its $5 and you sell it for $50, that is price gouging.


Incorrect. The buyer can choose not to buy, therefore it is a voluntary transaction, therefore not price gouging. Perhaps YOU wouldn't pay $50, but if somebody else wants to then that's their choice. The seller is just responding to the market price.

Additionally, how do you determine what this is "worth" in your scenario? Do you arbitrarily choose what you think it's worth?

On a related note, if there are people willing to pay $50 for something that's in limited supply, and say a seller decides to be nice and sell a bunch for $10ea, I guarantee a bunch of those will then be sold by their purchasers at $50ea. You can't control the price even if you want to, other than by increasing supply or reducing demand.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
the cutoff is whatever price can still be considered fair.

its not because a person pays a certain unfair price that he actually agrees to the price, its most likely his only option.

unfair prices ruin the economy in the long run and its rarely limited to unnecessary items.


Don't get me wrong, there is such a thing as price gouging, but it applies to necessities in limited supply typically as a result of some sort of emergency.

But this is an unnecessary add-on to an unnecessary game with no MSRP. Neither you nor anybody else can definite a "fair" price. The market determines the fair price based on what buyers are willing to pay.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stacysensei wrote:
If something is worth say $5 and you sell it for $15 or $20, that is economics. If its $5 and you sell it for $50, that is price gouging.


no its not. you cant even say something is "worth" anything because "worth" is subjective. going from 5 dollars to 50 dollars is a 1000% markup, so to you a 1000% markup is too much, but you probably buy pop. Mcds pays about half a cent for the pop in their large drink (the cup costs more than the pop) and they sell it for a dollar, thats a 20,000% markup.

"worth" and "value" are all subjective thats why free markets where all transactions are voluntary is the best way to go.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
pop

Midwesterner detected! At first I though you were talking about Pop vinyl figures.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
the cutoff is whatever price can still be considered fair.

its not because a person pays a certain unfair price that he actually agrees to the price, its most likely his only option.

unfair prices ruin the economy in the long run and its rarely limited to unnecessary items.


Who decides what's a fair price? If it's anyone other than the buyer (who owns it) and seller (who wants it), that would be the definition of unfair as I understand the word.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Regardless, this is no longer about games.

I hope that GF9 releases these to be purchased at retail, at a price I'm willing to pay.

(Assuming I enjoy the game)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Overall, I don't think I would pay very much for these at all. The starbase tokens that come with the game look pretty nice, and are probably more attractive overall than resin figures. Plus, resin models doesn't match the aesthetic of the rest of the game.

Even if given a set for free, I'm not sure I'd even use them, especially if there's only one per faction rather than all three.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
Overall, I don't think I would pay very much for these at all. The starbase tokens that come with the game look pretty nice, and are probably more attractive overall than resin figures. Plus, resin models doesn't match the aesthetic of the rest of the game.

Even if given a set for free, I'm not sure I'd even use them, especially if there's only one per faction rather than all three.


Agree I am giving mine to the guy who is picking up the game for me as a thank you
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
Klaxas wrote:
pop

Midwesterner detected! At first I though you were talking about Pop vinyl figures.


Lol guilty. Just southish of chicago.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
Overall, I don't think I would pay very much for these at all. The starbase tokens that come with the game look pretty nice, and are probably more attractive overall than resin figures. Plus, resin models doesn't match the aesthetic of the rest of the game.

Even if given a set for free, I'm not sure I'd even use them, especially if there's only one per faction rather than all three.


GF9 did let you buy extra resin tokens with your GenCon order. I did it because why not. I think they will look nice painted.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Sassycat wrote:
Novacat wrote:
Overall, I don't think I would pay very much for these at all. The starbase tokens that come with the game look pretty nice, and are probably more attractive overall than resin figures. Plus, resin models doesn't match the aesthetic of the rest of the game.

Even if given a set for free, I'm not sure I'd even use them, especially if there's only one per faction rather than all three.


GF9 did let you buy extra resin tokens with your GenCon order. I did it because why not. I think they will look nice painted.


D= I wish I had known that! What wer they charging?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
$10/pack.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.