Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Pitcher
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During play tests double resources have cause some confusion. First a double resource occurs when a encounter card is drawn on a resource hex with a success of turning the location into a resource. Now you have a resource being turned into a resource location. Instead of just failing to create a resource a double resource is created. The prestige is doubled, besides getting two resources. One defense though each town defense is only activated once and when it is taken, both resources are taken at once.

This is fairly rare even, in all my play tests I have only had it come up once. We have talked about other ways to handle this event, but double resources seem to be the easiest and most fair way of handling it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pako FuNkyBoY
Spain
Castelldefels
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. When destroyed, how much prestige the attacker and the defender loses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Pitcher
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When they are destroyed, you lose two prestige. In general if an Town tech, spoil card, resource grants you a prestige, it is lost when you lose that object.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pako FuNkyBoY
Spain
Castelldefels
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, when destroyed, the owner looses the prestige gained by that hex. One prestige in normal resources and two in doubled resources.

Normally the attacker looses 2 prestige when destroying a resource hex, but how much the attacker looses when destroying a double resource hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Pitcher
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I missed the second half of the question. Yes, the Party that destroys a double resource will lose 4 prestige. Where the owner only loses the two they gained.

The reason you might destroy a resource is to prevent the previous owner from retaking it. If you are going for a town Health victory and don't care about your prestige then this is a quick way to hit the prestige track and reduce amount of town health the player will receive during the resource production phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pako FuNkyBoY
Spain
Castelldefels
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. I see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.