Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Fortune
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the bottom of page 10 it shows the predetermined setup for the game. The table has a row labeled special marker, but it seems to show development tiles not special markers. In addition it shows that in a 3 player game Red should get the engineer. But on page 7 it shows to only use the Engineer in a 4 player game.

Can someone help me understand what is going on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
noblejohn wrote:
On the bottom of page 10 it shows the predetermined setup for the game. The table has a row labeled special marker, but it seems to show development tiles not special markers. In addition it shows that in a 3 player game Red should get the engineer. But on page 7 it shows to only use the Engineer in a 4 player game.

Can someone help me understand what is going on?

There's more than one Engineer. I believe that what is meant to happen in the fixed setup is that each player takes the named development tile, and then the set of development tiles is laid out from the remaining tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Risthaus
Germany
Wolfsburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
correct! This is why there are only 6 tiles per player in the determined setup display, while the regular setup for random display says you take 7 per player (2 fixed plus 12, 19, 26 random ones when playing with 2, 3, 4 players).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.