BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Dominion Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chanel Nye
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
So I am a huuuuge Dominion fan! I love the base game and I've played Prosperity a couple times, but now I've become so familiar with the cards that I need something more in order to spruce them up. Luckily, they have expansions! Unluckily, I have no idea which one to get...

SO. My question to you, fellow gamers, is what expansions have you played? Which ones would you recommend? Which ones would you not recommend, etc...

Thanks for your feedback

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
euronoob

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We almost always randomize with Dominion: Seaside in the mix - a solid early expansion to look at if you've skipped over it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the expansions I've played, I'd preference them in this order:

Seaside
Intrigue
Prosperity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Kruse
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Definitely agree with everyone Seaside should be your next expansion. Alchemy is my least favorite due to having an additional currency(potions) to buy cards. It all depends on your preferred play style. Dark ages has a lot of attack cards compared to others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Dominion: Intrigue, Dominion: Prosperity and Dominion: Dark Ages. The last one didn`t really agree with me. Too much death and destructions and stuff, but hence the name, I guess... The two first ones are really good. I have myself almost all of the expansions. Dark Ages is one of the few I don`t have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like Dominion that much I imagine you'll end up getting them all!
I'm one of the rare ones who isn't big on Prosperity. I don't find big money strategies fun to play. Granted it does have the Colonies and Platinums that you can use in all games if you choose.
I personally have Dark Ages as a favorite. I like the Ruins and Shelters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Singleton
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have every expansion except Empires. I had no trouble getting it to the table with my wife on a regular basis until I added the most recent additions. I'm still working on why that is, but I think it's because it's now near impossible to feel familiar with the game anymore with so many options. A zillion unique combinations is simply overwhelming for us.

The sweet spot for us is Intrigue, Properity, Seaside, Cornucopia, Hinterlands and maybe Adventurers, not necessarily all at the same time.

It's more fun to be able to play kingdom card sets recommended at DominionDeck.com and the like. To me, that is a better driver of what expansions to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to seaside being first
the other go-to suggestions are good but just didn't add enough in my opinion
I think it adds a lot but doesn't seem like a stretch. I havent tried any of the recent stuff though. And I like it all, heck I even made the fairy tale fan expansion. Alchemy is nice by its hard to mix it in as well as the others and I think thats what really hurts it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.