Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sygyzy
United States
Goleta
CA
flag msg tools
Hi,

I know this is going to sound weird, but: does anyone else have issues staying logged into CoolStuffInc, Miniature Market, and CardHaus? I work in software so I think I know a little about software and how to use the internet but despite visiting these OLGS daily, I am always logged out. It's like they have a very short cookie/session expiration. This is across multiple browsers, different operating systems and even mobile, tablet, desktop and laptop devices. I think it's also interesting that not one but all three major OLGS have the same issue (but probably because of different reasons).

Am I the only one that has to constantly log into these sites?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I never stay logged into MM for some reason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sygyzy wrote:
Hi,

I know this is going to sound weird, but: does anyone else have issues staying logged into CoolStuffInc, Miniature Market, and CardHaus? I work in software so I think I know a little about software and how to use the internet but despite visiting these OLGS daily, I am always logged out. It's like they have a very short cookie/session expiration. This is across multiple browsers, different operating systems and even mobile, tablet, desktop and laptop devices. I think it's also interesting that not one but all three major OLGS have the same issue (but probably because of different reasons).

Am I the only one that has to constantly log into these sites?

same. Even have to login to CSI multiple times in the same day sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Brighton
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it depends on the strategy employed by their site authentication service(s) which might be a 3rd party. Apparently, they don't differentiate between authentication for non-secure (wishlists, history, etc.) and secure (financial transaction) activity. You would think this would be fairly straight-forward wouldn't you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.